General Non-Fiction posted October 12, 2017 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 10... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
short story

A chapter in the book Tribute to Our Lady of Fatima

A Centennial Answer to Prayer

by dovemarie


A few months ago, on July 13, I had spent the day in prayer and devotion to Our Lady of Fatima, in my local Shrine. It was on July 13, 1917, that one of Her apparitions to the three children took place. I felt as though I had been enduring a centennial of suffering about my son Billy. I hadn't heard anything about him for years. On that day, I knelt before a statue of Her, and I was bitter. I had written to him via the Dept. of Children and Families a couple of weeks earlier, around the time of his 31st birthday.

When I got home that evening, I found, to my joy, a letter from the Adoption Search Coordinator. She informed me that Billy received my correspondence, which was poems I had written on Fan Story. He has studied English, and is working on several projects, and has written "some things," though she did not specify what they were. I felt as though a light shone on me, and I resolved to offer a Mass to her on Oct. 13, 2017, which is the day the Miracle of the Sun occurred in Fatima exactly 100 years ago. My hope rose again, and I pray the Rosary every day. The Virgin had said, "I am the Lady of the Rosary."

This centennial year has truly brought me blessings.




Thanks to JustaKing for artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by JustaKing at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.