Family Poetry posted July 22, 2017 Chapters:  ...45 46 -47- 48... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...my beautiful granddaughter

A chapter in the book My Book of Poems 2010-2017

A Quinzaine for Hailey

by Mustang Patty


 photo 19732192_10207430297514185_1287979861630346942_n_zpsettcxtji.jpg


Hailey is so beautiful.
Because she is mine?
I think not.

 
 



Recognized


picture taken by my son-in-law, JC Malensek

Hailey Rose will be three in just a few weeks. I took care of her every day during the first fifteen months of her life. Then, my daughter got orders to move to Virginia. Since then, I've seen her twice a year in person, and weekly through the wonders of SKYPE. She lives in the center of my heart.

QUINZAINE POETRY

The English word quinzaine come from the French word qunize, meaning fifteen. A quinzaine is an unrhymed verse of fifteen syllables.

These syllables are distributed among three lines so that there are seven syllables in the first line, five in the second line and three in the third line (7/5/3). The first line makes a statement. The next two lines ask a question relating to the statement.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.