General Fiction posted July 20, 2017 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...Ron struggles with the loss

A chapter in the book The Products of Love

Pain of a Lost Love

by Mustang Patty




Background
'The Products of Love' is the story of Jenny and Ron. Their love affair started out so sweet, and then life stepped in and things got rocky. Can this deep connection ever be broken?
From the end of the last chapter;
 
"No, I actually feel better now that I've puked," Jenny told Patty.
 
Both women suddenly looked at one another as a horrible idea popped into both their heads.
 
"You don't think you might be…"
 
"No!  It's totally out of the question.  I was taking care of things…"
 
The subject was dropped and they didn't talk about it…for now.
 

The edge of the dock was covered with droppings from pigeons and gulls.  A cool breeze blew off the water, and voices of the sailors onboard the ships could be heard in the distance.  The sun was continuing its daily descent, and though the sunset hadn't started yet, the wispy clouds on the horizon hinted at its beauty. 
 
Ron sat on the weathered bench and reviewed the events of the day.  Somehow, things were worse than yesterday.  He felt some hope then.  After seeing her in the cafeteria and watching her leave as soon as they made eye contact, he was sure it was over.
 
He had never been in a serious relationship.  Oh, there were girls and women before.  They never stayed around for long, and he didn't care.  His life was fine just the way it was; until he met Jenny.  She brought so much into his life.  For the first time in years, he counted on someone else.  Wanting to hear about her day, and he loved telling her about his, their daily conversations were full and interesting.  She genuinely cared about his projects at home and at work.  She was special; a treasure.
 
Their relationship was far different than anything he'd ever experienced.  For most of the six months they were together, there wasn't any sex.  Jenny made it very clear that she wouldn't sleep with him until there was love.  She didn't sleep around, and she wouldn't start with him.  So, they became good friends.  He learned to enjoy picnics, movies, and long conversations about life.  He told her things he'd never shared with anyone else.  And finally, he told her in a lover's whisper that he knew they had a future; she no longer held back her love and they shared one glorious night.
 
What did guys do when a woman was mad at them?  He had never tried to heal a relationship before.  Flowers and candy seemed to work in the movies – or was that only because the situation needed to be wrapped up in one-hundred and twenty minutes?  The truth was Ron didn't have a clue about making up with someone.  He didn't want to ask any of his friends.  They all thought he had everything.  He didn't want to admit that this one woman had become the center of his life. 
 
Why did Veronica have to ruin everything?  The curse of his half-sister was a complication in his life he didn't share with Jenny or anyone.  How do you explain to anyone that your supposedly straight-laced father was a philanderer?  Ron's shame about Veronica dated back to the first time he found out about her.  She found him.  It seemed to delight her that she could make his life so miserable.  The shakedown was simple.  He gave her money so she wouldn't reveal her identity to his mother.
 
Veronica must have considered it a bonus that she ruined a relationship.  He couldn't run after Jenny that night because he didn't want Veronica to know how important she was.  He now knew that was a mistake.  Despite the flowers and repeated phone calls, Jenny wouldn't speak to him.  He'd never had a chance to explain.  It was his stubborn streak that made him stop sending the flowers.  He didn't want to waste time trying to call anymore – it was obvious she didn't want to speak to him.  Why was she so mad?  It wasn't as if she'd walked in on him in bed with someone else. 
 
He had to make her listen.  Maybe the problem was the flowers and phone calls didn't allow them to meet face to face.  Ron suddenly knew he needed to go to her apartment and talk to her.  He could explain and make Jenny listen to reason.  He had to get her back.  He was hopelessly in love.
 

 



Recognized


I wrote this story based on a friend's recollections. I've known her for over thirty years and I was there at the beginning of this story. Through the magic of the internet and free long distance, I've could hear the whole story.

With her permission, I've developed a story line based on what happened between her and her lover. The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the guilty.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Susan F. M. T. at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.