Romance Poetry posted June 20, 2017 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...a lune for my hubby

A chapter in the book My Book of Poems 2010-2017

Best Friend and Lover

by Mustang Patty

A wonderful man
     Full of fun
     We share so much love



Recognized


photo of my husband while he was talking to our daughter on Father's Day

LUNE POETRY FORM

Lune is a simple and fun form of poetry to write. The poem is a 13 syllable self- contained poem that has 5 syllables in the first line, 3 syllables in the second line and 5 syllables in the final line. Rhymes are fine but not required. Any subject can be used.
The Lune form (5-3-5) was invented by poet Robert Kelly, as a concise form of American haiku more consistent with the succinct style of the Japanese masters; but, unlike haiku, it has no rules beyond the syllables.

Kelly, who teaches at Bard College, never explained the title. Many have speculated that when left-justified it refers to the crescent shape of the moon. Others have suggested the title refers to the thirteen lunar months, since the poem has thirteen syllables, but these are merely speculations.

Many Lunes are "centered" creating an hour glass shape of two crescent moons, but it all depends on the syllables.

I am so lucky to have this man in my life. We share so much and live our lives in love, joy, and a companionship I will treasure til the day I die
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.