General Poetry posted April 12, 2017 Chapters:  ...18 18 -18- 18... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Haiku Club Challenge # 18 WEEDS

A chapter in the book Haiku Club Challenge Multi-Author

haiku (dad's bindweed)

by Gypsy Blue Rose

 
dad's bindweed 
is son's morning glory-
new perspective



 



Recognized


kigo Morning-Glory (asagao) summer

Field bindweed is a species of the morning glory family, native to Europe and Asia.

Children love bindweed, the flowers can be popped form their stalk in a most satisfying way, but gardeners baulk when this weed gets a grip. Its fleshy white roots have amazing powers of recovery not matter how zealous the gardener is in treating the shoots and digging out the weeds.

A fallow period is often the only answer removing desirable garden plants to holding pots and then spending a summer digging out or spraying off any sign of the weed.

------------------------------------------------------
The Haiku Club is a group of folks who enjoy writing and reading haiku. We meet at a chatroom to share ideas, learn, teach, and just to hang out. the off site chatroom is called 'teamspeak3' We have a meeting on Tuesdays at 4 pm PST, but everyone is welcome to drop by anytime. We have fun projects. Right now we are finishing up an anthology by fanstorians. After the book is published, we are going to start a second anthology.

Everyone is welcome to add to my multi-author book. All the haiku included in this Haiku Club Challenge book are considered for the Anthology.

Weed is the last challenge of book one. We will start on book two soon. I will continue to post challenges every Sunday at the Forum's Challenge room. Check for further notice about book two.

If you want to join the Haiku Club all you have to do is ask, everyone is welcome. All you need is a desire to learn haiku and share what you know. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

I haiku, do you?

Thank you for reading,


Gypsy Haijin Sensei
FanStory Haiku Teacher
Member of the Haiku Society of America
A new haiku class every month
Haiga Art starts May 3rd
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.