General Poetry posted April 8, 2017 Chapters:  ...39 40 -41- 42... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Clarity Pyramid

A chapter in the book My Book of Poems 2010-2017

Food

by Mustang Patty

FOOD
yummy
nourishing
 
from nature's bounty
harvested from the ground
taken fresh from farm to store
 
"Just what we need for energy"



Recognized


Inspired by Sandra Du Plessis, I tried this poetic form,

A Clarity Pyramid is a poem consisting of two triplets and a single line (7 lines in all). Usually, this poem is center aligned when displayed.

The first triplet has 1, 2, and 3 syllables. The title of the poem is the one-syllable word of the first triplet, which is displayed in all capital letters. This line is followed by a two-syllable line, and then a three-syllable line, both of which clarify the definition of the poem, or are synonyms for the title.

The second triplet has 5, 6, and 7 syllables. Its design is based on a life event contained within the triplet which helps give a poetic view or outlook on the first line (title).

The last line is 8 syllables and is in quotations as this line contains a quote that defines the first word (title).
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.