Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted April 4, 2017 Chapters:  ...14 15 -16- 17... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a Pleiades poem

A chapter in the book My Book of Poems 2010-2017

Solitary

by Mustang Patty

Stuck on this couch alone,
Sitting, waiting, for what?
Silence surrounds the room.
Sanity held onto --
Simply walk to the door.
Suppose for a moment,
Serenity awaits.

 



Recognized


Thank you Liilia for the lovely artwork, 'Evening in the City.'

I struggled over this form. I wanted to portray the loneliness self imposed by the shut-in.

Pleiades Poem: A seven line poem of six syllables per line, each line begins with the same letter as the one word title. This titled form was invented in 1999 by Craig Tigerman, Sol Magazine's Lead Editor. Only one word is allowed in the title followed by a single seven-line stanza. The first word in each line begins with the same letter as the title. Hortensia Anderson, a popular haiku and tanka poet, added her own requirement of restricting the line length to six syllables. Doesn't need to rhyme.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mustang Patty All rights reserved.
Mustang Patty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.