General Fiction posted January 22, 2017


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
11th September

World's Worst Nightmare

by sweetthanesue

The dream was vivid.I was walking out of the subway and when I reached street level,lo and behold my eyes where focused on the most terrifying event I had ever witnessed. A plane had crashed into the top side of the tallest building and thick black smoke was gushing from it.
In a trance like state I slowly gazed around me and watched in awe as I silently observed many people flocking from out of the subways.I could visualize a circle of subways with numerous people. all gazing in wonder,facing towards this great phenomenon in the sky. I turned my attention back towards the building. Suddenly many floors were alight with wild dancing flames and black smog had encompassed the sky ways. I heard sirens screaming all around me. the sound of running feet and the murmurs of frightened people.I felt as if I was paralyzed as if in some kind of hypnotic state. The aftermath of deep shock.
I was brought back to reality by a huge rumbling vibration. I gazed in absolute horror as I turned to look at what was now a burning inferno and witnessed to my absolute distress, people falling from the higher floors of the building, to their deaths.Tears welled in my eyes.
Chaos was all around me. The worst was still yet to come,yet I remained motionless as if I was frozen in time. The building collapsed.One by one the floors disappeared This scene instantly reminded me of a building that had been prepared for demolition. Falling slowly,slowly until it was nothing but rubble.Then alas behind that building another building had started to collapse.I was thunderstruck .The reality of this sequence of events started to sink in. i started to scream.I awoke in fright,so ended the dream.A nightmare now foreseen.
The world is full of dreamers walking in the realm.Those who dream by conscience to get back on life's road again. Those who dream a premonition hoping to find a better way and daydreamers hoping for a better day.
I began dreaming at a young age and quickly realized it was not the accepted thing to have premonitions. I soon learned too keep my dreams secret. It was considered occultism,and people were skeptical.
After this nightmare I was so traumatized mainly due to the fact I was hoping this terrible event would not come to fruition that I confided in two very close friends. I felt sad and depressed and had several flashbacks. Ironically a few weeks later my two confidants and I were in a tall building not far from a subway in our city, the only railway station in our town that resembled a subway. We were on the fourth floor of the building which was the right floor but the wrong wing. It was The National Crime Authority. We were directed to the other wing and upon arrival there a piercing sound broke out. It was a siren. My friends and I looked at each other in disbelief, we were all in sync, believing we were in my nightmare. We were ushered from the building and all breathed a huge sigh of relief on learning it was but a fire drill.
A few weeks went by and slowly I stopped thinking about this horrible nightmare as much and life went back to usual again. Then on the 11/9/2001 I received a phone call from my friend and confidant. He instructed me to turn on the television. I did. Right before my eyes my dream appeared. I was devastated. I burst into tears.
God works in mysterious ways and I had no idea why I should have been shown this dream. Through all the sadness pain and tears a few true stories came to light from other dreamers on that fateful day. An ex marine had a dream that he should join the rescue efforts on the site of the Trade Tower. He was so concerned he consulted his Priest who advised him he should follow his calling. He did. Some police Officers were trapped under rubble in the World Trade Tower Basement. They were near death when one Officer dreamt that Jesus was giving him water and upon coming out of his lucid state he saw a pipe above him. He reached out and grabbed the pipe and water trickled out of it. The pipe also made a loud resounding noise as he let it go. As is above so tis below. The ex marine and a companion heard the slight noise from the pipe and started yelling and the Police officer kept banging the pipe until they were found. It was a miracle they were found and truly a miracle they survived but even more ironic both rescuer and survivor had dreams that entwined.
My thoughts and prayers even to this day often go to the many people affected by this tragedy. It changed my perspective on life. Every moment is precious and we should honor and cherish it. Most importantly we should all support our fellow man woman and children for even in our darkest hour where there is life there is hope. Unity in love.






Thank you SHATZLING for the much appreciated Artwork Raging Parasol.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sweetthanesue All rights reserved.
sweetthanesue has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.