General Poetry posted January 13, 2017 Chapters:  ...435 436 -437- 438... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Baccresieze Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

On Powdered Path

by Treischel


On winter walks, with twinkling snow,
are sparkling bursts with twinkling snow,
that brighten up a chilly day,
on powdered path.

Where footprints in the aftermath
leave fleeting presence evidence
on winter walks, with twinkling snow,
on powdered path.

How crisp and clean, oh arctic air!
I breathe your pure effervescence!
Then saunter in this silent scene
on powdered path.







I love to walk in the winter time. We are fortunate that the St. Paul park trails get plowed well after a big snow, like this photo shows of the path I often take along Battle Creek. I caught this woman out enjoying the path. I said "Hi! Beautiful day out, isn't it?", as we passed. She said, "It sure is!"

This poem is a Baccresieze.
Baccresieze is an invented form, apparently created as an exercise in repetition. This verse form has two and a half refrains. It is attributed to E. Ernest Murell.

The Baccresieze is:
1. Stanzaic, written in 3 quatrains.
2. Syllabic, L1,L2,L3 are 8 syllables and L4 is 4 syllables in each Quatrain.
3. Refrained, L4 of each Quatrain is a refrain and L1 of the first quatrain is repeated as L3 in the 2nd quatrain.
4. The last 4 syllables of L1 are repeated as the last 4 syllables of L2 in the first quatrain only.
5. Rhymed, with a complicated rhyme scheme of: AaxB bxAB xxxB, with the x lines being unrhymed.

This photograph with taken by author himself on January 12, 2017.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.