Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted November 25, 2016 Chapters:  ...16 17 -18- 19... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Poet's denial of ageing process.

A chapter in the book Random Reflections.

I Drank the Elixir of Youth

by Niyuta

In the ladder of life, I climb, one rung at a time, when birthday arrives
Friends and well-wishers come and party begins with candles blown.
Gifts and parties, a gala affair, or one intimate dinner and joyful I smile.
Lights go dim and silence permeates, I reflect: where the time has gone.
Memories left to recall. Some sweet, others best-forgotten but cannot.

Youth came and went, like the fragrance of the mid --summer night's breeze.
Here a moment ago, then gone, like a fleeting thought or a pleasant dream.
With the blink of an eye, cosmic Vishnu appears and flips the time, says the sage.
Beware of advancing age and degrading of this cellular body; a life is spent and yet,
I pretend-Things are not what they seem; I have endless life; I drank the elixir of youth.




The Cosmic Vishnu flipping the time relates to the Hindu understanding of Cosmic cycles of birth, demise and rebirth where Maha (Great)Vishnu wakes up at the end of cosmic cycle and opens eye and with it, the rejuvenation of Cosmos begins. A Metaphysical concept used here to remind life is part of this cycle.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Renate-Bertodi at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Niyuta All rights reserved.
Niyuta has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.