General Script posted October 25, 2016 Chapters:  ...32 33 -34- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Fanstory Script--130 words of text

A chapter in the book Scripts

The Other Lover

by michaelcahill

 photo embracinglovers1_zpsdzhqfs5f.jpeg


The scene opens with a young couple in passionate embrace. The atmosphere is steamy.
 
She whispers in his ear,
"I think you're the best writer in the world, Darling."
 
"Yeah, but you're in love with me. Of course, you think that. I need objective opinions. How can I improve without input and instruction? I need real critique."
 

He breaks away and sits in front of his computer terminal. His shoulders are slumped.
His focus shifts to the computer screen, which is flashing in big letters:


 
FANSTORY.COM!
 

He taps enter and  a sultry voice speaks from the computer:
 
"Need a real opinion from real writers? Join Fanstory!
 
Get constant feedback from fellow writers. Enter daily contests that pay real money. Instructions available in all forms of prose and poetry. Have you been thinking about getting serious with your writing?
 
Join Fanstory! A serious writer's site for serious writers. All of this can be yours for less than ten dollars a month. We have members who are experts in reviewing, publishing, editing and all forms of writing.
 

We'll love you too, AND we'll tell you the TRUTH!"
 

He looks up from the screen at her.
 
"Honey, there's someone else".



 
 photo 844e07aa-0a37-4a52-a49f-6fb94487587f_zpsubsx19m4.png

FANSTORY.COM



 



Write An Ad About FanStory contest entry

Recognized




The first ten seconds would be the embrace, the opening dialogue and the screen flashing FANSTORY.COM!''

I suppose this is a bit more than just "TEXT", but I'm thinking, having skipped many a youtube add, you need to GRAB the listener with something out of the ordinary. Soooo, I added the brief scenario to frame the text. I think you need something with a little more flash than someone sitting at a computer terminal writing. Remember, us listeners already have the cursor above "SKIP" and our finger pointed at "ENTER". That's what you're up against. :))




Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.