General Non-Fiction posted August 30, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a couple pet peeves

a la table

by judester

America's eating habits have changed in the past few decades. Famlies once gathered around the table to enjoy wholesome, home made foods. These days, there are two univited guests that just won't leave.

In the pursuit of money, big food producers have modified the foods we eat. The two that make me mad are high fructose corn syrup and modified wheat. They are in almost everything we eat and are very bad for your health. Your body cannot process them like regular sugars and wheat. These two products are causing havoc on the health of Americans, especially the young.

People began to complain and companies changed their labels. 'No high fructose corn syrup', but do you think they genuinely were thinking of you and your health? No. They merely went to the labs and tweaked it slightly, so that they could call it something else, like natural or corn sugar.

The next bad guest is genetically modified wheat. It brought a little house gift to the family table called wheat belly, enough for everyone.

Wheat, in it's natural state, grows high with fewer seeds. Now it grows shorter with more seeds.
Higher yields, but a disaster on the health of America. Introducing these two foods and the sudden obesity of America is not a coincidence.

Vermont was the only state that demanded all modified foods be labeled as such. Monsanto is taking them to court. Hmmm.

The best solution is to research what you are eating. The bio tech giant Monsanto and food companies are very tricky.

Even fast foods can be made at home. Cheaper and more wholesome. A genuine happy meal.

Secret sauce? Hah, It is just mayo, ketchup and pickles.



Pet Peeves ? 300-words-max writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Pet Peeves; 300-words-max

Write in any prose or poetry form what your pet peeves are.

I limit the word count to 300 so Fan Story readers will read it, and all entries will be accepted so the purse is worth competing for ... $90

Think LACONIC.


Thanks to farmgramma for the wheat. Research everything people. If I had 300 more words, I would rant about the drug companies and just how clever they can be too.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.