Mystery and Crime Fiction posted July 19, 2016 Chapters:  ...54 55 -56- 57 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Bee-Bo makes himself at home in Sheriff Daniels house

A chapter in the book Astatula (Final Edition)

Little Green Army Men

by Brett Matthew West


Bee-Bo was now in the main living area of the Sheriff's home. Obsessed with the names of his victims over the years, The Clown could recite the list forwards and backwards. He carefully selected them all, working his way through the alphabet.

The first was Eric Antoinette, an insignificant Publix grocery store clerk. Nathan Bradshaw and Jeremiah Collins soon followed. Life's losers! All of them! As far as Bee-Bo was concerned.

The Clown could not stand weakness in people and preyed on it. His last victim, Doctor Robert Patterson, who failed to keep Cody Schroder comatose until Bee-Bo's arrival at the hospital, was nothing more than a throw-in to eliminate a problem and because of what Bee-Bo saw as his betrayal.

Terrence Rogers was where Bee-Bo left off on his Hit list. That brought him to the letter "S". And The Clown knew what that meant. Fun time in the Cody Corral!

Bee-Bo opened the refrigerator door. He popped the top on a Coors he removed off the second shelf of the Amana. Slamming it back, he crumpled the can and tossed the empty aluminum container into the sink.

"Bulls-eye!" he exclaimed doing so.

The Clown belched pleasurably then downed another brew. With no one home, Bee-Bo decided his invasion of the Sheriff's house would be a merry little adventure all his own.

With Bee-Bo everything held a purpose. Of all the insane takers of life Sheriff Daniels ever encountered in his illustrious law enforcement career none were half as brazen and bold as The Clown. Bee-Bo was also the most whacked-out and simple-minded.

Fueled by anger, the Clown's powerful imagination, and acted upon fantasies, were the scariest! Something notorious monsters such as Freddie Krueger, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, and even Chuckie Doll would be very proud of.

Bee-Bo's stripes had been well earned. The notorious maximum security Rock Way Prison could not hold him. None could. The Clown surveyed the environment of the Sheriff's home. He was tempted to start his rampage with the 42-inch color television. But passed on it, for the moment.

Taking notice of the living room, Bee-Bo located a Norman Rockwell painting commonly known as "The Freedom From Want." Most often considered his Thanksgiving masterpiece. One fell swoop with The Clown's patented box cutter and the painting's value plummeted to nada.

Pleased with his accomplishment, The Clown laughed out loud. But he did not stop there. The ottoman, sofa, and three easy chairs were his next targets. That led Bee-Bo to the circular stairway leading up to the bedrooms, he supposed. One in particular he intended to invade.

Making his way down the mirrored hall, The Clown located Cody's bedroom. It was there he turned the brass doorknob on the door, and the door swung open. Taking inventory of the possibilities the room presented, Bee-Bo noticed the full-length posters Cody plastered on the walls.

Prominently displayed was Star Trek III with its sentimental images of Spock and Captain Kirk. They would suffer the fate of The Clown's box cutter! Then the needs of the one would outweigh the needs of the many.

Those slices well placed, Bee-Bo found Cody's favorite toys, his little green Army men. They were neatly arranged on the top of the mahogany dresser standing in the far corner of the room like a sentry on guard. Cody constantly played all sorts of war games with his little green Army men.

The Clown was bent on destroying each and every one of them. In Cody's world his little green Army men never lost a battle. Now they would be annihilated. One at a time!

The little green Army men were the first toys Sheriff Daniels gave Cody when the boy came to live with him. That made them even more special to Cody. They were also the first toys Cody could ever call his very own.

For the first ten years of Cody's life in Palo Pinto, Earl Anthony Schroder absolutely forbid the boy to possess anything of his own. Let alone play with any toys. Every time Cody was caught breaking this rule he suffered a sound beating for the infraction.

Bee-Bo laughed heartily as he sliced each and every little green Army man Cody treasured into small pieces. Invading the Sheriff's home was bad enough. Crushing a young boy for no valid reason was unforgivable! Bee-Bo was delighted in his handiwork.

His calling card completed, The Clown departed the residence. How he would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Sheriff Daniels, Beth Sorenson, and Cody Schroder arrived back home! He could only imagine the shocked expressions they would have. Bee-Bo felt his ice cold heart melting.

He was only getting warmed up!



Recognized


Bee-Bo's box cutter causes extensive damage inside Sheriff Daniels home.








This is Evan, by Lilibug6, selected to compliment my story.

So, thanks Lilibug6, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my little story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Lilibug6 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.