Spiritual Script posted July 4, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
How I live my life.

My Credo

by jaho58


I believe in eternity, a life beyond this one.  Be it paved with gold or glowing coals, our souls will take up residence somewhere–-forever. This earthly life is but a trailer to the main attraction and my time and energy are best spent preparing for the ever after rather than fixating on electronic devices and shop-‘til–I-drop excursions that are employed to fill the ‘God void.’

I believe in a marriage braid where man and wife are entwined and strengthened with the Living Vine and remain united until death says stop.

I believe children are gifts from God and as such, know my miscarried trio will be swinging on heaven’s gate when I part the clouds.  I believe all those erased in utero will also be there, forgiving those who denied them birthdays.

I believe in service–-I am here to help others overcome difficulties, whether it’s visiting the homebound, cooking meals, carpooling, or burying a loved one.

I believe in suffering.  Though I neither seek nor enjoy it,  I have found the search for reasons, for perseverance, for terminations, and for explanations, forces me to turn to God and others for answers and support, which strengthens my faith and relationships. Though help is humbling for me to accept, I also realize my suffering gives others a chance to serve.

I believe in prayer; words of worship and supplication keep my heart and mind focused on God and aware of His presence.  Though my prayers are rarely answered as desired, the response is often better than anticipated.

Each of my beliefs brings surprising freedom and immeasurable joy, reinforcing that I am too blessed to be stressed.  And I don’t believe in keeping the faith, but sharing it with all those placed in my path
.

 



I Believe writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay that begins with the sentence: I believe _______ (finish the sentence). Maximum word count: 1,000.


Image courtesy of Google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jaho58 All rights reserved.
jaho58 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.