Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted June 25, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Insincerity

False Profit

by Mike Stevens


So, I saw the story on Facebook screaming, "James Dobson: Evangelical Christian Author Says Donald Trump Has Accepted Jesus Christ", please,--he's obviously only saying that so his followers will support a man who is obviously not religious, unless you count worshiping at 'The Alter Of Me.' If you truly believe that nonsense, you have my sympathy, Sir.

It's painfully obvious to me, Mr. Dobson, exactly what Trump's doing--sucking up to people he probably thinks of as dog crap stuck to his shoe--all he has to do is show up at an evangelical meeting, spout about how he's always been religious, and your flock tell themselves it must be true. I don't think religion has any place in politics--if you don't believe me about the dangers of religion in politics--see Iran--or see any theocracy.




Recognized


I'm breaking one of my cardinal rules--I'm posting something that is about religion--but this is not meant as a knock on religion--it's about the dangers of mixing it with politics.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike Stevens All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Mike Stevens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.