Mystery and Crime Fiction posted June 8, 2016 Chapters:  ...35 36 -37- 38... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Cody trashes Fred Taylor's house

A chapter in the book Astatula (Final Edition)

Hurricane

by Brett Matthew West


The public service warning should have been sounded, "Hurricane Cody just hit the Lone Star State!"

Because, inside Taylor's house Cody was being a very naughty little boy. But he did not care. To him it was payback for all the mistreatment he continuously received from Taylor. As fast as he could work Cody pulled as many contents out of all the cabinets, cupboards, and drawers as he could.

Starting in the kitchen the room looked like a Category 5 hurricane blew through. Silverware, pots, pans, and dishes littered every inch of floor space Cody could find. Soon cans of food and assorted boxes joined them. He even unplugged the refrigerator so all the food in it would spoil. He would come back and plug the kitchen sink leaving the water running full force.

Cody departed the kitchen kicking whatever lay in his path out of the way with his foot and entered the living room. Couch cushions and chair covers went flying. Cody noticed the 42-inch television in the far corner of the room. He also spotted a broom nearby. This was one loud crash Cody wanted to make.

"Too bad he didn't have a baseball bat handy!" he thought to himself.

Standing as far to one side of the television as he could get, while remaining in arm's length, Cody picked up the broom and swung its handle as hard as he could into the screen of the television.

"Whoa!" Cody excitedly exclaimed as impact was made and the screen shattered debris everywhere.

He really liked the popping noise the television made on contact. Cody tossed the broom across the room. It knocked a picture off the far wall. Cody smiled. He was having so much fun and enjoying himself tremendously. He was not about to stop.

Cody made his way into the bathroom of the house. There he found a can of shaving cream and was almost out of control. He picked the can up. Reading the label he noticed it was Barbasol, lemon-lime fragrance.

Shaking the can well he started spraying shaving cream over everything he saw in the bathroom. His enjoyment in there completed, he dropped a role of toilet paper into the commode and flushed the toilet. Water overflowed the bowl. Allowing the tank to fill back up Cody repeated the process three more times for giggles.

Cody found the bedroom. This room offered a walk-in closet. Noticing a pair of red-handled shears laying on a dresser top Cody picked them up. He knocked all the other contents on the top of the dresser onto the floor. Fred Taylor's wardrobe was about to be pruned.

Going up one side of the closet, and coming down the other, Cody grabbed several articles of clothing. He cut them with the shears and yanked them off the hangers they were on letting each piece fall on the floor.

After a life time of abuse, Cody had had enough. He never knew how good being bad could feel. He was quickly finding out at Fred Taylor's expense. But Cody did not care.

He had not found what he was searching for. But he was not done having his fun yet either. Taylor's bedroom remained more or less in one piece. For a few more minutes that was. Cody started pulling clothes out of the chest-of-drawers.

Like in the kitchen everything he picked up, or pulled out of drawers, flew away. Except this time it was socks, underwear, and tee shirts taking off on the runway.

"Pilot to Bombardier, bombs away!" Cody laughed tossing Taylor's clothes out of the drawers they were in as fast as he could.

That was when Cody found the evidence he was looking for. No doubt about it at all. He pulled a plastic bag out of the right rear pocket of the jeans he wore and opened the bag. Carefully he placed the evidence in the bag and resealed the container. He was done in the house. Or so he thought.

Pulling the blanket, sheets, and pillows off Taylor's bed, Cody let them lay where they fell. Knowing he would never allow anyone to abuse or mistreat him ever again Cody relieved himself on the middle of the mattress.

It was then Cody heard a loud knocking on the front door of the house he had not heard before.

"State Police, Taylor!" he heard someone shout, "Open up and come out with your hands high!"

Cody did not wait around. He ran back to the kitchen sink, placed the stopper in it, and turned both faucets on full blast. Water went sailing everywhere!

He heard someone yelling, "Break the door down with the battering ram!"

Cody raced for the bedroom window he left open upon breaking into Taylor's house. There was no way he could be caught inside. He had to get out like his head was on fire and his behind was rapidly catching.

As the front door of the house busted open from the force of the battering ram being slammed against it, Cody scampered out the window. Doing so he dropped the evidence bag he collected. Cody lightly landing on his feet and stealthfully looked around him.

There at the corner of the house stood a brown-uniformed State Patrolman. Cody did not recognize him. Fortunately for Cody the law enforcement officer was distracted talking to someone near the front of the house and not paying attention to its rear. He did not notice Cody making his hasty retreat.

As quickly as he could Cody picked up the evidence bag he had dropped on the ground and speedily hurried two houses down from Taylor's. He hoped the Romaines Doberman that lived there did not bark. Roby did not make a sound.

"Good dog!" Cody thought to himself.

Cody swung around to the front side of the Romaines property. No one was home. At least he did not observe any cars in their driveway and all he saw were the State Patrolmen entering Taylor's house.

Taking one, two, three quick steps in the opposite direction from Taylor's place Cody broke out into a full sprint. He was a fast runner. He did not think he was observed by any of the officers at Taylor's house.

"Smooth sailing," Cody told himself.

However, Cody did not slow down for three blocks and he knew he was in the clear from the excitement he left behind. He checked his jeans pocket. The evidence was still there, safe and sound. Now to get it to Sheriff Daniels.

"But how can you do that without a whole bunch of explaining where it came from?" Cody asked himself knowing that was something he did not want to do.

Turning over a new leaf Cody had learned something from all the years of abuse he suffered at the hands of Earl Anthony Schroder.









In an outpouring of anger after a life time of abuse Cody trashes Fred Taylor's house.

Then he finds the missing evidence he seeks.






This is Evan, by Lilibug6, selected to compliment my story.

So, thanks Lilibug6, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my little story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Lilibug6 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.