General Poetry posted June 1, 2016 Chapters:  ...416 417 -418- 419... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Progresso Quattro

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Trash Testament

by Treischel



At times, created artwork mimics life,
As here, with this collected river trash,
Now sculpted into simple junk wildlife.

Materials along the waterways
Were gathered by environmental fans,
As trash is such an eyesore when it stays.
Who wants to see such things as tossed beer cans?

A clever sculptor put them to good use,
Creating art from all that gross refuse.
By welding and assembling them in style,
A creature from what was a garbage pile
Is shaped to heal environment's abuse.

From trapping and fur trading, they arose --
The beavers, that survived extinction's strife.
Now dams and ponds supporting birds are rife.
Oh, what a symbol that the artist chose!
Now this trash testament to beavers shows,
At times, created artwork mimics life.




Recognized


This is a piece of artwork that was created by an artist out of items collected from the river. It is located in Fort Snelling State Park, in Minnesota, along the river bottoms of the Mississippi River. It is a sculpture of a beaver. The beaver is a river dwelling mammal that was nearly driven to extinction by trappers and fur traders. Its dams create ponds that are positive environments for waterfowl.

This poem is a Progresso Quattro.
The Progresso Quatro is a format that was created by our very own Fanstorian, Just2Write (Aka: H. R. Jones). It consists of 4 progressive stanzas (thus Progresso) in iambic Pentameter, consisting of four different formats - a Tercet, Quatrain, Quintain, and a Sestet, in that order (thus Quattro). 18 lines in length.
Rhyme scheme is optional, but at least one of the rhyme sounds from the Tercet must appear in the sestet.
Each of the stanzas builds on the theme of the Tercet.
It is similar to a Italian Heroic Sonnet (thus the Italian flavor of the format's name) with 18 lines. The difference between the Progresso Quattro is, that the Heroic Italian Sonnet, is broken into 3 or 5 parts, and the Progresso Quattro is broken into 4 parts.

For this poem, I used a rhyme scheme, and set the Quintain's rhyme scheme to, eeffe, and picked up the "a" rhyme from the Tercet to include it in the Sestet, as: gaagga.
So, the poem's total rhyme scheme is:
aba cdcd eeffe gaagga.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on My 1, 2016.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.