General Poetry posted May 17, 2016 Chapters:  ...403 404 -405- 406... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Loop Poem with Couplet Option

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Lovely Spring Lilacs

by Treischel




Small petals grouped within exquisite blooms
Blooms batched on stems that look like pom-pom plumes

Plumes sweetly painted in profuse pastels
Pastels, the shades of which the mind compels

Compels to dream of lovely things
Things helping souls relax
Relax as beauty is released
Released, the buds react

React to any seasonal decrees
Decrees that stimulate the honey bees

Bees drawn to shrubs of lovely lavender
Lavender that the lilac fans prefer

Prefer along with sweet perfume
Perfume aromas air
Air where the lilac scents can loom
Loom wafting everywhere

Everywhere, there are purple clusters seen
Seen and smelled among springtime's newest green

Green yards and forests team with newborn life
Life crowned by all the plants and rich wildlife.






In keeping with my Spring motif, one cannot forget the Lilacs that bloom. I love their luxurious blooms, and their fragrance is pure delight. It is too bad they only last about a week and then are gone, but I enjoy them while they are here. Afterwards, it's just a green leafy bush.

Lilac (Syringa) is a species of flowering woody plants in the olive family (Oleaceae). The genus name Syringa is derived from Greek syrinx, meaning a hollow tube or pipe, and refers to the broad pith in the shoots in some species, easily hollowed out since ancient times to make reed pipes and flutes. Lilacs are often considered to symbolize love. In Greece, Lebanon, and Cyprus, the lilac is strongly associated with Easter time because it flowers around that time; it is consequently called paschalia. Source: Wikipedia.

This is a Loop Poem with Couplet option.
Loop Poetry is a poetry form created by Hellon, which is defined on the site Shadow Poetry. There are no restrictions on the number of stanzas nor on the syllable count for each line. In each stanza, the last word of the first line becomes the first word of line two, last word of line 2 becomes the first word of line 3, last word of line 3 becomes the first word of line 4. This is followed for each stanza. The rhyme scheme is abcb.

Variations:
1. Stanzas, writers choice on the number, no rhyming, the last word, first word scheme is maintained.

2. One long stanza, no limit on number of lines, no rhyming scheme, the last word, first word scheme is maintained.

3. Couplets mixed with 4 line stanzas, the last word, first word scheme is maintained in the stanzas. It can also be used in the couplets. Rhyme scheme is ab, cc, defg, hh, ii, jklm, nn, oo.

I chose the third option here. I used mostly iambic lines here, but due to repeated end words containing more than two syllables (like lavender), it is not possible to be completely ambic. My rhyme scheme is:
aa bb cdcd ee ff ghih jj kk.
The syllable count is:
10,10 -10,10 - 8,6,8,6 - 10,10 - 10,10 - 8,6,8,6 - 10,10 - 10,10.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on May 12, 2016
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.