General Fiction posted May 10, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
100 word story

Financial Infidelity

by Spiritual Echo






Emily felt faint, overwhelmed by the attorney's words. "Millions?" she gasped. "How many?"

"Seven. Commercial real estate holdings have yet to be appraised. It could be more."

During her marriage, she'd been frugal, never allowed any luxury. Emily shopped for cheap meat, clipped coupons and mended tattered clothes.

"You're a wealthy widow," the lawyer said. "You can live well on the interest alone."

Forever, Elwood kept their assets secret--a marital crime. Her monthly allowance--a pittance--was a slap in her face.

"Spendthrift," he'd screamed at his wife. "You waste my money."

She chose to indulge--grant permission--to hate her dead, selfish husband.


 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 100 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 100 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.