General Poetry posted May 4, 2016 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Triolet

A chapter in the book Seasons - Spring, Summer, Fall

Springtime Rain

by Treischel




The drab of winter starts to go
when comes the warmth and springtime rains.
Seeds germinate and tree saps flow.
The drab of winter starts to go
as trees soon bud and flowers grow.
The leaves pop out and green grass gains.
The drab of winter starts to go
when comes the warmth and springtime rains.








Recognized


It seems to happen almost overnight. One day the trees are bare and the grass looks yellow and dead. Then it rains, and boom, the grass is green and the leaves are out. What a difference. I tried to capture that here. I chose this photo to show just how green the grass was in the woods, leaves on background trees, and buds on bushes.

This poem is a Triolet.
A Triolet is a French repeating poem of only eight lines, and often all lines are in iambic tetrameter. It contains only 2 rhymes, with a rhyme scheme of:
ABaAabAB.
The fourth and seventh lines are the same exact line as the first (see capital As). The eighth line is the same exact line as the second (see capital Bs). Because five of the eight lines repeat, this is one of the easiest French formats to create, yet when the repeated lines are chosen well, it creates a lovely poem.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on May 1, 2016.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.