General Poetry posted April 29, 2016 Chapters:  ...406 407 -408- 409... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Joy Acrostric Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Sacrosanct

by Treischel




A solid Symbol,
cross
Aloft, 
in stones and con
Crete affirmation.
  A cathed
Ral dome
hung high
Over town
invite
S us
to come forth
And worship,
  bow dow
N to pray
 in here, where
Christ the Lord
    has been represen
Ted in architecture.
 



Recognized


Sacrosanct - holy, sacred

This is a picture of the Cathedral of St. Paul in St. Paul, Minnesota. It is my church. When they replaced the copper dome with a new one, they put a time capsule in the new cross on the roof. My name and my wife's signatures are in that cross.

This poem is a Joy Acrostic.
'Joy's Acrostic Variation', was invented by our own, Joy Graham. The rules are: A main word or phrase must be evident down the page in a centered fashion. You may waver the main word or phrase in a shape poetry style, but it must be readable.
She recommends using a larger font and different color just for the main word or phrase so it stands out. Your lines may be spaced across the main word or phrase, using each letter in your lines like an acrostic. It is up to the poet if they want to use rhymes or meter or not.

This picture was taken by the author himself on Ictober 20, 2012.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.