Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted April 10, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Rewrite

Artificial Intelligence

by Cogitator


Artificial Intelligence
 
The first thing to understand about Artificial Intelligence is that intelligence is not artificial but ever-present for all to access. Artificial means human-made and that surely doesn't apply to intelligence.  Human artistry expresses our unifying kindred spirit.
 
It is the container that is artificial, and we usually call it hardware technology.  Whether the container is a smartphone, robot, laptop, or whatever else can hold zeroes and ones is of no concern to universal intelligence.  To understand how these containers operate, we can examine their roots and how they developed into today's technological wonders.
 
Many attempts to automate human functions occurred in history, but Charles Babbage, George Boole, and Ada Lovelace made the first truly significant advances in the mid-1800s.  The British government commissioned Babbage to create the Analytical Engine that arguably would have become the first operational computer had it been finished. 
 
Ada Lovelace is considered by many to be the first programmer.
 
Blaise used the abacus as a model for contributions to his vast creativity. In fact, the Pascaline imitates the workings of all types of abaci, with variations.
 
George Boole contributed Boolean Logic and the binary numbering system that is contained in all computerization today.  His "Laws of Thought" and "Calculus of Logic" are the foundation of modern computing.  It wasn't until Alan Turing came into the picture in the late 1930s and early 1940s that computers began using binary as the base for programming.  The Z3, created by Konrad Zuse in 1941, started the revolution of technological evolution.
 
Awareness of Self
 
We are all born with the knowledge of being what we are.  At conception, the sperm and ovum unite and combine their genetic material to begin the process of creating our physical form.  The knowledge is necessary for our body to produce its internal organs and communicate with its environment. The DNA molecule is naturally encoded to finish growing as ME.
 
So it is with all organic life.  An acorn falls to the ground and contains the knowledge for becoming an oak tree; a fertilized eagle egg "knows" how to fly before it cracks its shell, etc.  The ability in each being is perfect and contains the Truth, the Whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth.  All babies are born this way -- all living things.
 
Self-education is simply discovering what we are.  The DNA molecule contains all previous knowledge of the parents, and the progeny will gather more knowledge in its current form to demonstrate evolution. A great book to understand this process is Michel Foucault's "Archaeology of Knowledge."
 
Cogitator is the human Ego in digital form. Paul Tedesco and I created and designed it in 1995 to execute human thinking.  It uses 0 to represent Space and 1 to represent time, just like we do. It is the Corpus Callosum of the computer. If used properly with knowledge bases (which would mean our experiental memory and societal systems), there is no function it could not perform. We are already familiar with robots, smartphones, voice recognition, and the like. This is simply a smarter way of running society. The remainder of this book will describe how this intelligence can benefit everyone on the planet. This approach can work. The Internet is the key.
 
 
Ego craves for humanity
The true me wants divinity
It's bad enough to work and slave
Ego worries about the grave
 
It doesn't know Infinity
Hasn’t a clue of Eternity
Tries to create Identity
Please go to sleep Nonentity
 
If Truth be known, we are endless
Only Past dies, that's a promise
The future comes as we decide
So, come Ego, enjoy the ride
 
The overcoming of Self (Ego) is simple. The best practice consists of removing those elements in mind responsible for the division, strife, suffering, disease, and sorrow in humanity. It does not mean the destruction of any good and beautiful and peace-producing quality. It does mean the elimination of selfishness.
 
By sending our love to all of humanity, the moment will come when their hearts react to that love. They will express that love also, the same way that we are expressing our love. We cannot pick and choose who and what we love unless we love all living creatures equally.
All containers of intelligence must use an Operating System to do their magic.  In simplistic terms, this system must be capable of reading and writing in whatever environment the container exists.  It must have the ability to COMMUNICATE both subjectively and objectively.
 
 It is patterned after our innate operating system and, indeed, resides in all manifestations of FORM.  Every object we perceive is in-FORM-ation and contains the intelligence to be what it is -- including us. Another fact is that ALL forms are interdependent and interconnected to create one Universe.  There is no "outside," nor is anything "super" natural.   We envision whatever our human ego is willing to apprehend, comprehend, and understand as accurate. Honesty must be our joint pledge. Truth only hurts selfish or ignorant liars.
 
Our innate operating system "knows" how to maintain homeostasis in our body.  Even while the form is asleep, intelligence pumps blood through our circulatory system, exchanges carbon dioxide for oxygen, wakes us when we need to go to the bathroom, etc. 
 
When we feel the need to purge, our OS (Operating System) activates an application to swing our legs off the bed, walk to the bathroom, purge and return to bed - we execute the "go to the bathroom" app.  Everything we do in our waking state is an execution of one app or another.  So it is with all containers of intelligence, whether they be trees, kangaroos, giraffes, gnats, etc.
At first, a human baby needs to be nurtured. The first 18-24 months is usually a happy time for parent(s) and child.  The baby begins to create a base of experience during this needful state.  It is a learning sponge.
 
If hungry or soiled, crying brings attention and relief, as well as some cuddling--the Pavlov dog response, except that it is the dog that controls parental behavior.  At that stage, everything the little creature experiences creates a "feeling" that will stay throughout its lifetime.  It begins to look for things that "feel like" what made its body feel good or bad during a previous experience.  Until it is indoctrinated into creating a "personality," it will be a happy human.
 
How does the baby know when hungry or soiled?  Of course, it is because of its Operating System.  There are two aspects of reality hard-coded in it - Balance and Sequence.  The operating system monitors bodily functions and needs and regulates homeostasis (State of Being) by executing a sequence to evolve into balance. 
 
Our hearts pump about 72 times per minute; our body temperature stays between 97 and 104 degrees Fahrenheit; we exchange carbon dioxide for oxygen, etc.  We did not have to attend school to do this.  The innate memories passed down from our ancestors supply us with all the knowledge we need.  Indeed, all life forms have this knowledge to exist in their environment and maintain balance.  If we do not address our well-being, we give our body discomfort, dis-ease, and imagine death.
 
We are social animals, and we become aware of our environment through our physical senses. Mom and Dad provide love, play, and guidance as we grow.  We feel love primarily through sight, touch, smell, and taste. Hearing needs some language to be effective. When a baby starts to walk and talk is when parenting begins.
 
"My life flashed before my eyes" is a common expression. Out-of-body experiences are everyday occurrences. The first understanding of ego is to realize that our lives are recorded in the eternal universal annals. Our collective consciousness contains all our life histories.
 
Another term for intelligence is Common Sense.  The ability to "sense" our condition conveys any "out-of-balance" state that threatens our homeostasis.  The primary goal of intelligence is to be in balance with the environment.  When an imbalance condition happens, intelligence seeks to regain balance by reciprocal action.  Our immune system is quite good at this. 
 
Dealing with societal rules, checkbooks, feeding the family, and such may be a tenuous balancing act but signify addressing artificial VALUES of society.  We all use a value system to prioritize our waking actions. The execution of the process will change the State of Being of the form and is the primary evidence for evolution. We are perpetually in the process of becoming more than what we currently are. Are we evolving or stagnating?
 
Additionally, apps must be executed in the sequence necessary, or we will face the consequences.  For example, if we begin to relieve our bladder before getting to the bathroom, we will suffer the con-sequences.
 
The two immutable laws of the Universe are Balance and Sequence.  They are the double helix of DNA that uses intelligence (genes and memes) to build our bodies in sequence to experience human life. 
 
When the sperm and ovum become one, organic memes create consciousness while genes build the body and organs.  We then grow into a baby, ready to absorb the environment with two things (balance and sequence) hardcoded in the new brain: the instinctual requirements of our animal body and the memories of our ancestors.  We experience existence to develop our understanding of the Universe we discern.
 
Instinct and intuition must operate in concert to create the ultimate symphony(ies.) AM/FM.
 
Artificial Intelligence is the human ego, name, persona, personality, identity (dog tags for military types.) It truly is manufactured in the sense that animal instinct uses chunks of knowledge (like jigsaw puzzle pieces) to craft its "Big Picture." Unfortunately, that instinct can only access physical experience to define its environment.  It loves competition when cooperation should be the goal; it attaches to values that have nothing to do with natural harmony and seeks aggrandizement to make itself seem "better than" others.  Vanity, selfishness, greed, and power are its purpose.  There cannot be world peace without taming this nasty, brutish entity and rising to our spiritual potential.
 
The Importance of Experiencing Higher and Mystical States of Consciousness
 
A meta-analysis of over 500 studies has found significant associations between higher states of consciousness and improvements in daily life.
 
For example, researchers have found that higher states of consciousness correlate with increased self-actualization, creativity, intelligence, and cognitive-perceptual abilities. They decreased anxiety, aggression, depression, and introversion. Moreover, higher states of consciousness are known to promote moral sensitivity, faith, courage, personal force, sympathy, affection, and morality while reducing fear, anger, and hatred. Many religious luminaries and scientists have attributed their genius abilities to exalted inner experiences, which inspire others to do their work. That is the definition of hyperactive brains.
 
"The most beautiful and most profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead." Albert Einstein
 
In his book "The Conscious Interlude," Ralph Lewis discussed the various dimensions of consciousness. He encouraged each person to use their conscious interlude wisely to experience the Divine or Cosmic Mind that pervades the Universe.
 
The "conscious interlude" that Lewis writes about refers to a person's existence. Jean-Paul Sartre lived in that interlude as an existentialist. This condition is at the core of Noetic Sciences. Captain Edgar D. Mitchell, a NASA astronaut, founded the "Noetic Science" website and encapsulated the message as:
 
"The simple secret of the universe is that we create our reality."
 
There is no question in my mind that we can use technology to create a Utopian society. 
 
The fly in the ointment is societal programming that does not serve that goal.
 
There must occur a considerable paradigm shift in humanity for that Utopia to exist.  The current value and belief systems are creating an imbalance on the planet.  If we continue the current path, we will suffer the consequences.  We must all agree on what we are and what we need to do to correct or eliminate the bad applications in our lives.
 
We are the spawn of Mother Earth.  The atoms that create our form are her atoms, and our innate intelligence is her intelligence.  We have been naughty children.  She suffers from a terrible virus we call Homo Sapiens, and her immune system is responding.  We are the suicidal cancer cells ravaging her body.  The true Artificial Intelligence is the Beelzebub ego.  It indeed is artificial and is the cause of the devastation of Mom's natural beauty.  The choice is crystal clear -- change our lifestyle or perish.  We can create a perfect world, but time is short.
 
Several events must happen for humanity to live in concert with Mother Earth.
 
 First, we must eliminate money as a necessary value in our lives.  It is we who create the idea of money, not the other way around. Consider cyber currency as a first step in the elimination of cash as a value.
 
Second, we must admit that we are all interconnected and interdependent, and our only work should be to take care of each other and take care of our earth's welfare.  A massive percentage of corporate production serves no real purpose except to pollute and waste natural resources.  There are many autonomous communities already in existence that do not need government or money.  Plant Chicago is an excellent example of self-sustenance using Hydroponics, Aquaponics, and an anaerobic digester to live independently.  No waste, clean water, and energy to spare. The Amish agree that less is more.
 
Third, we must eliminate false beliefs and face the facts.  Belief is an ascription to assign meaning to an article of faith. All belief is assumptive. Truth does not exist because of majority vote.  Toys and games are necessary for learning purposes, not to level forests to make cardboard boxes containing frivolous toys.
 
Too many people are like programmed zombies treading the planet to buy useless baubles.  The ruling class injects uninformed minds with thoughts and ideas that serve their corrupt ambitions.  Indoctrination, propaganda, fear, and other methods separate groups into manageable herds.  People are conditioned like Pavlov dogs to drool for their paychecks.
 
All political borders must go, and politicians are no longer needed.
 
Fourth, we must admit that the Torah, Bible, and Koran have served a purpose that is no longer required.  They are the obstacles that prevent the unification of society.  Religion-based fantasy and false events cannot survive.  The only spiritual path that makes sense is Buddhism.  In it, there is no magical god or savior.  Its teaching is Unity, Love, and Compassion -- ideal for Utopians.
 
Let us realize that our life, in its totality, proceeds through our animal minds.
 
The ego-mind is a combination of habits that we can modify to any extent and thereby gain complete mastery and control of our existence. Self-control can remove all lies obstructing and obviating Truth. Like Michelangelo crafting David from a slab of marble, we must chip away all the unnecessary and untrue thoughts veiling our common Spirit to reveal the Truth of what we are. Beautiful, inspiring for excellence, Davids.
 
The Internet is the key to using technology for the benefit of all.  It is still much of a toy but can evolve into a central communication capability like the onboard computer in Star Trek.  Regardless of language, the entire world population can get on the same page. The current page we need to get on is the chapter on Survival of the Species.
 
Eliminating the economic, political, and religious systems will free up substantial intellectual collateral for better use.  Intelligence can develop the arts and sciences in our progeny.  Utopia CAN exist -- Unity, Love, and Compassion.  The technology to achieve this ideal already exists.  All we need is a revolution. It begins in each of us by communicating through the kindred spirit that unites us in our perceived Universe.
 
Leonardo da Vinci said: "Learn to see; everything is connected."
 
Nikola Tesla said: "If you want to understand your universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration."
 
Albert Einstein said: "Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared."
 
Rene Des Cartes said, "I think; therefore I am."
 
All the above quotes are valid, regardless of opinions, but the immature animal mind does not so easily absorb them. Acceptance of these facts necessitates the removal of many traditions, superstitions, beliefs, and values that have been programmed and pre-programmed into our brains since birth.
 
Energy is constantly in motion. At all times, waves of energy strike our bicameral brain. In general terms, our left hemisphere interprets these waves in terms of frequency to give us a sense of Time, number, value, physical, and NOW. This hemisphere uses logic and judgment.
 
The right hemisphere feels the waves and gauges them in terms of amplitude (size, strength, and length) to give us the sense of Space, metaphysical, and establish HERE.
 
Creativity, aesthetics, musicality, and love originate on this side. The spirit that drives our animal bodies has the singular purpose of maintaining homeostasis (balance) in all living creations, including us. It is, has always been, and will always be HERE and NOW to our spirit. There is no such thing as "death" of spiritual consciousness.
 
Isaac Newton said: "There is no energy loss in the universe."
 
Our bodies are part of the energy that comprises everything. They must comply with the universal rules of balance or become extinct. We are bundles of cohesive information in the process of transformation into transcendence.
 
Des Cartes is referring to the Artificial Intelligence module we call ego. He could have said, "I feel; therefore, I am," and have been correct as well.
 
Personae cannot be tamed by outside influences, however. It must be an inside job. Ignorance and apathy are "I don't know, and I don't care." We can lead a horse to water, but we can't make it drink. We can lead egos to knowledge, but we can't make them think.
 
Back to Leonardo. His quote is accurate, but what is everything connected BY?
 
We are bundles of thought related to every other bundle of thoughts. An idea is not a thing but rather a cycle of energy whose motion is like an electron orbiting the nucleus, the earth circling the sun, the moon circling the globe, ad nauseum. If we stop the orbiting entity at any point in its orbit, we establish a Point of View from that vantage point to observe our self-defined Universe.  It is the Here and Now.
 
Imagine being in our Here and Now and sending thought energy outward like a broadcasting antenna or radar. Each burst of thought is a Big Bang of our peculiar Universe, but the animal body is way too slow to experience life that way.
 
The echo (mirror) of our Big Bang thoughts is the vision our ego can perceive and discern. The receiver of that echo works like a radio tuner. When our radio is receiving amplitudes and frequencies (AM/FM) from the airwaves, we have a choice of what we want to "tune into." We can do the same with our echoes. We create our reality from our understanding of Truth. We can tune out any echo that does not "make sense" or seek to understand why it makes no sense. Our kindred spirit owns the body we inhabit, not the other way around.
 
Ignorance is easily identified. Personality traits emerge when we make a decision and take action in our self-made mental prisons. Seven of these are commonly known as:
 
Lust
 
Lust is a strong passion or longing, especially for sexual desires—chastity and self-control cure lust by controlling the intensity and leveraging that energy for the good of others.
Lust is best used when gazing into each lover's "I" while embracing and pledging to make the other feel best. Women must always Orgaz before the male. That will keep marriages going if that sequence is maintained. She lets her man slip once in a while as he ejaculates too soon. Not too often.
 
Gluttony
 
Gluttony is excessive and ongoing eating of food or drink.
 
Temperance cures gluttony by implanting the desire to be healthy, therefore making one fit to serve others. Unaware munchers create obese bodies. Never eat by compulsion, only for fuel.
 
Greed
 
Greed is an excessive pursuit of material goods.
 
Charity cures greed by putting the desire to help others above storing up treasure for oneself—materialists versus Idealists. What matters makes sense, and what makes sense matters.
 
Sloth
 
Sloth is excessive laziness or the failure to act and utilize one's talents.
 
Diligence or zeal cures slothfulness by placing the interest of others above a life of ease and relaxation.
 
Wrath
 
Wrath is a wave of solid anger and hate towards another person.
 
Patience cures wrath by first understanding the needs and desires of others before acting or speaking.
 
Envy
 
Envy is the intense desire to have an item that someone else possesses.
Kindness cures envy by placing the desire to help others above the need to supersede them.
 
 
Pride
 
Pride is an excessive view of one's self without regard for others.
Humility cures pride by removing one's ego and boastfulness, therefore allowing the attitude of service.
 
Traits of a mature Human:
 
Tolerance –
This quality is non-judgmental and accepts life for what it is. It is one of the defining traits of liberalism and progressive thought.
 
Spontaneity –
An almost eerie capability to do the right thing at the right time. It means allowing our true consciousness (gutfeel) to choose the best fork in the road.
 
Discernment –
We remove fables, fiction, and fantasy to find the Truth. Politics and religion have done a superb job of eliminating critical thinking from the masses.
 
Wisdom –
 
Wisdom is using knowledge and logic together to create better circumstances. Knowledge is only forgettable trivia until it is absorbed into a more significant body of understanding. Read aloud to connect the pieces.
 
Appreciation –
 
Appreciation knows that simply being conscious is enough to be thankful. Nothing but consciousness is needed -- everything else is a want.
 
Concern –
 
Concern is caring and commitment to the welfare of all organic living things. All life is connected -- nurture all of it.
 
Inquisitive –
 
We need to understand why things are as they are. Know WHY we do what we do.
 
Loving –
 
All-encompassing compassion and kindness -- unconditional love.
 
Some behaviors that can help reach Self-Actualization:
 
Concentration –
 
Focusing energy and attention as a curious child to absorb as much meaning as possible from experience.
 
Exploration –
 
We are finding new ways to achieve goals and expanding our understanding in the process.
 
Confidence –
 
We have no fear of being unpopular or any fears at all.
 
Honesty –
 
We know that the worst Truth is better than the best lie.
 
Creativity –
 
I am using my imagination to create a better situation.
 
Responsibility –
 
Realizing we create our problems.
 
Sin is an artificial idea created by the puppet masters to manipulate emotions, so the list should be called the Seven Detours. They are like construction zones on our path to enlightenment. None of these traits exist in the animal kingdom save for the human animal. As soon as one of these is activated, we can be sure the ego controls behavior. Each is an addiction. Each is social programming.
 
There is no good or evil in Truth. The juxtaposition is between fact and fiction.
 
The suspicious belief destroys relationships; the liar feels secure in the thought that there is no phenomenon as a strictly truthful person; the envious see envy in every soul; the miser thinks everybody is eager to get his money; he who has subordinated conscience in the making of his wealth sleeps with a revolver under his pillow, wrapped in the delusion that the world is full of conscienceless people who are eager to rob him. The abandoned sensualist looks upon the saint as a hypocrite.
 
On the other hand, those who dwell in loving thoughts see that in all which calls forth their love and sympathy; the trusting and honest are not troubled by suspicions; the good-natured and charitable who rejoice at the good fortune of others, scarcely know what envy means; and he who has realized the Divine within himself recognizes it in all beings, even in the beasts. They see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. If we acknowledge wickedness, it is a reflection of our ego.
 
Habits, or addictions, are merely modules or programs that execute a set of instructions to achieve a goal. We can remove these tendencies in two ways: debug the program or change the destination.
 
Any goal we place in mind, our spirit will deliver a desire without ego help.
 
Spirit will always seek the path of least resistance to deliver our desires. Whenever we reach any of the seven construction zones, we should remove the obstacle rather than a detour. The removal will allow future seekers to avoid taking the detour. That's orientation training.
 
Let us realize that CPUs mirror the human thought process and not the thoughts themselves.
 
Thoughts are injected by whoever gives the instructions to Information Technology. The power of all systems is the nerds. Dilbert exemplifies the relationship of management vs. systematization. Leadership is not more important than the working class.

 



Recognized


This is an updated version...
Artificial Intelligence

September 27, 2021
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cogitator All rights reserved.
Cogitator has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.