Romance Fiction posted March 1, 2016 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Short Story

A chapter in the book Short Stories and Flash

in a Tin Can-Part 1

by michaelcahill


HERE AM I ... The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
A variety of romance stories.

















 
A love story is dependent on perspective for its tone. Are they star crossed? I imagine whose eyes scrutinize the starscape would be a factor. Are the lovers put upon by circumstance, or have they made their own living hell to deservedly burn in? Innocence or guilt is in the eyes of the accusers and the accused in all matters, never more so than with love.


 
On to this week’s story:


 
After nine years in space, modesty had lost feasibility. There were no private places for, well, anything. Truthfully, very little remained private between Nan and Blake.
 
Suspended animation and altered body states to preserve human vitality and youth had turned out to be the fodder of science fiction. In the real world every application turned out to be fraught with danger. Perhaps if an emergency medical team equipped with the latest in medical tools could be at the ready, yes, an individual could be placed in a deep coma and safely revived. But to leave those tasks to a computer program bordered on suicide or murder depending on whose side your attorney advocated.
 
So, a destination five light years distant would give you a ten year round trip providing you traveled at the speed of light. Five there and five back. Of course, traveling at the speed of light also found its home in the computer games of the cyber-addicted youth of a decaying Earth. However, we could and did approach the speed of light in the vacuum of space after a few months of unimpeded acceleration. I won’t bore you with the mathematical equations, they are easily Googlepediad.
 
Francine Fasone turned twenty-eight three days before launch. The mother of three girls, the wife of Ambassador to The Republic of California and former Miss States of the Eastern Union, she placed the mission above all else. All else included all of the above. All knew her as Nan.
 
Blake Scraggs hailed from Texas. Texans didn’t care to be called citizens of the States of the Southern Union. They answered to Texans, thank you very much. Mrs. Blake Scraggs waitressed at the Scraggs Pie and Suds Diner off the 92 freeway at the Austin Boulevard turn-off. A whole lot of folk in Austin drove internal combustion engine motor vehicles, pick-up trucks to be more specific. The Scraggs family of which Blake Scraggs was patriarch owned the Texas T Black Gold Refinery, the last oil and gas company in the world. He was the Forbes Fortune 500 number two richest man in the world.
 
Number one continued to be Lavender Lacey, CEO of Stem Cells R Us. It was Lavenders one hundred and twenty-second year at the top. But, I digress.
 
Blake and Nan made a pact of celibacy before their launch even occurred. They were both happily married with children and planned to resume their respective lives upon returning approximately ten years hence. They were both faithful spouses in happy marriages, Blake for thirteen years and Nan for eighteen years. Both, however, showed a willingness to leave their beloveds behind to travel to a desolate place of uncertainty, a place they may die trying to reach, or die trying to return from. The risks were many. They would ride in a machine containing everything their life depended on. Outside of the machine, death stretched out to infinity waiting for either of them to take one breath of its essence.
 
Googlepedia has all the details of the launch and background for either Nan or Blake if you happen to be curious. This document is concerned with one thing only, the romance between them, when and how it started and how it ended up. Was it a tragic ending? They were both married with two expectant families awaiting their respective returns. A happy ending perhaps. How could it be considering the circumstances and the obvious pain involved? Maybe they died in the throes of passion, struck by a meteor as the monitors alarm went unnoticed--a salvo of justice from a vengeful hand of fate.
 
True to their word, celibacy reigned for two years aboard the Jollytime Bluebird Express. Achieving a consensus among five children leads to compromise in everything, but especially in the naming of a spaceship.
 
But the awareness of each other grew and grew. These were young vital individuals in shape for the ardors of space travel, healthier by far than the norm for humans. She, a former beauty queen thirty-seven years of age, he, an athletic thirty-five, still comparable to the prime of most men considering his fitness. Neither were blind and fondness for each other was genuine born of comradery and shared love for the mission. They were like minded. They were friends and were before they’d even left the solid ground of earth.
 
Privacy consisted of turned heads aboard the Jollytime as they called it. The toilet consisted of an alcove carved out of a wall. There was no door and there was a shower and sink there as well. Water was scarce and recycled including waste. It was safe and drinkable but they both knew what had been filtered out of it. In any case, Blake would avert his eyes as she dropped her panties to use the facilities. She would do likewise for him. Their scents were familiar to each other as the quarters were cramped and they were in close contact almost all of the time.
 
They pleasured themselves as quietly and discretely as possible, but there was an awareness and even mutual arousal whenever it occurred. Eventually, they engaged in the activity together. They never acknowledged each other or spoke of it though. She would face one wall and he would face the other as they lay on their tiny beds. They’d silently take care of their needs each unaware that the other thought of no one but them.
 
He would imagine simply rising from his bed and walking the few feet to where she was, removing her hand as he kneeled down, and running his tongue slowly up her wet mound. He’d stop and instead of a finger rhythmically stimulating her pulsating spot it would be his tongue. He imagined her sighing in relief and her hand gently brushing his hair from his forehead. He’d look up and their eyes would lock and he’d know, this is what she had dreamed about just like him.
 
She would imagine the same for him. Walking softly over, grabbing his wrist, sliding her tongue from top to bottom and back to the top. Then everything inside of her mouth. Slowly at first, all the way down. She’d grab his hand and bring it near her lips so he could feel himself in her mouth. He’d place his hand on her head gently trying not to apply pressure as he built to a climax. She’d pull him forward as he released himself completely. She’d look up to catch his eyes while his final bursts filed her mouth. He’d see how thrilled she was to satisfy him. He’d know that she shared his fantasy and that their dreams were the same dreams.
 
Month after month they lived as friends and shipmates while fantasizing so much more. But she was a lady faithful to her husband and loyal to her vows. He was a gentleman, faithful to his wife and a man true to his word and commitment. Neither would compromise their character regardless of the circumstance. Many a man and woman would find this impossible. Some would understand. Some would realize, it is possible. There are people like this.
 
A communication from Earth changed things forever. Blake’s wife had died. She’d been murdered in a home invasion robbery. It had to do with the family’s wealth. The details matter not and the time frame considering the speed of light and how long ago the message had been sent … it all had no bearing on anything. Blake had become a widower. He had become single. He also grieved and needed comfort. He needed a friend.
 
Nan was his friend. It was a good thing. They were millions of miles from home. Blake needed a friend and the only person in his world just happened to be his friend. Of course, she would become much, much more and it would happen quickly, that very evening to be exact.
 
-To be continued-






Yes, help. :))
Some sex in this. I'm mainly focusing on relationships and circumstance. Any input is appreciated.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.