Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted January 31, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Hopefully some wisdom

Don't Let Your Past Rule Your Now

by patcelaw


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

- Patricia Lawrence

Many times we will let our past dictate to us what we should do.  But, if we will trust God, He can change that past and make of it what He can use to minister to others.  I know this is the case as God has taken my past of pain and is using it to minister to others.  He has shown me that He ministered to me in my trials in the same manner that He wants me to minister to those who are going through the same kinds of trials.

My ministry verses are; 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

My past has made  things much better for me in two very important aspects.

1. I have the ability to readily forgive those who have hurt me. Even some hurts that many people would never forgive, and may take revenge on the persons who hurt them. Instead I chose to take the high road and knew that if vengeance was to be dealt to the injuring party, it would have to be God Himself taking that role.
Romans 12:19
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

2. The other thing hurts have allowed me to achieve is a very keen sense of humor.  I can laugh at even very traumatic events in my life. The Bible says a merry heart is like a good medicine. By being able to laugh I have never kept anger locked up inside. Probably saving me some serious health problems.  When we have a merry heart we are very apt to laugh and enjoy life more.

Proverbs 17:22
22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Saying this, it has been my goal in life to find something funny in each situation and have worked at being as forgiving as the Lord was when He forgave me.

To me anger is an ugly thing, which can lead to many problems with our fellow humans.

So Lord, I pray that You keep my heart in such a way that I can laugh in the trials. And help me forgive others as You have forgiven me. In the name of Jesus, amen.



 



Recognized


It is my goal with this piece to encourage each of us to allow our past to be a stepping stone to becoming a better person now and in the days ahead.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.