Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 25, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
true story (158 words!)

Father Figure

by giraffmang

Choose One Of The Following Titles Contest Winner 


In a world ‘seemingly surrounded’ by the hurt and pain caused by men, I want to stand up tall and proud. I am not an abuser. I am not a deadbeat. I am a man, with many flaws and contradictions (of course), but I live for my family. I am a father.

Many people talk of their ambitions in life. They speak of money and material things, of fame and fortune. I have a far humbler goal, yet the greatest and most difficult of all. It revolves around my beautiful little girl, Georgia. I aim to be the best father I can be, because I am nothing without her (and my wife of course). My daughter opens my heart in ways I never thought possible. When she says “I love you” my world is complete.

So, I want to be that father figure, and I’ll never stop striving for it.

I know what it takes …

I had one.

 


Writing Prompt
Choose one of the following titles.

Where does it take you?

Get writing: poem, fiction, essay, whatever you like!
200 words maximum word count.

Careless Whisper
Father Figure
I Can't Make You Love Me
Praying For Time
Kissing A Fool
One More Try
Cowboys And Angels
Spinning The Wheel
You Have Been Loved
I Knew You Were Waiting

Yep I know, the titles are all George Michael songs... I think he's an amazing singer!

The title of your work MUST be the title you chose from the list. (There shouldn't be any confusion in the booth for duplicate entries of title, as your name will be displayed alongside your entry.)

Artwork and author notes welcome.

Choose One Of The Following Titles
Contest Winner

Recognized


Some people may think this is a contrived piece to garner votes. If this is you, you can sod off and review someone else's work!

I don't write about my family much, but sometimes I feel the need. This is one of those times.

I read a lot about how awful father's can be, and I want to redress the balance a bit. I had a good one. I strive to be a good one. We're not all bad.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. giraffmang All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
giraffmang has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.