General Poetry posted December 6, 2015 Chapters:  ...341 342 -343- 344... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An Epulaeryu

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Turkey on the Table

by Treischel


The turkey's on the table,
looking very fine.
So, carve it if you're able.
Serve it with some wine,
pumpkin pie, and some
side dishes.
Yum!






Well sure, it was Thanksgiving.

This poem is an Epulaeryu.
The Epulaeryu poem was developed by Joseph Spence, Sr. The name of the poetic form was selected as a result of experiencing the Mediterranean and Far East cultures, and enjoying many succulent and nourishing meals and food during those memorable travels. With its use of 7,5,3,and 1 syllable counts, it takes on the FAR Eastern mystique of the Haiku, and Senryu, only with an epicurean twist. The poem is all about delicious food. It consists of seven lines with thirty-three (33) syllables. The first line has seven (7) syllables, the second line five (5), the third line seven (7), the fourth line five (5), the fifth line five (5), the sixth line three (3), and the seventh line has only one (1) syllable which ends with an exclamation mark.So, the form is: 7/5/7/5/5/3/1.
Each line has one thought which is about the main course. Therefore, this poetic form, has corresponding lines built around the main course and ending with an exclamation point, concluding with a line expressing the writer's excitement and feelings about the poem/food. The poem may be rhymed or unrhymed.

This picture was taken by the author himself on Thanksgiving, 2015.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.