Horror and Thriller Fiction posted October 25, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
just having some fun

Uncle Paul's House

by Teri7

"Danette, please look over here at this window and tell me you don't believe in ghosts?"

"Teresa, of course I believe in ghosts. Remember Uncle Paul's house?"

"You can't tell me that you believed all that malarkey?"

"Danette, didn't you see the cat in Uncle Paul's house and how it's fur would stand on end?"

"That is not proof enough for me. I work for the Sheriff's Dept. Did you forget that?"

"Certainly not. but what does that have to do with the house and the cat?"

"Sis, I work for the Police Dept. and I still believe in ghosts and spirits. They are all around us, don't you know that?"

"Danette, come here and stare out this window with me. It looks like Uncle Paul standing at that gas station like he used to. Do you see what I mean?"

"Teresa, you have made a good point to me. I guess you are right about there being spirits all around us. Since Uncle Paul died I have heard him walking in this house."

"Sis, I still get chills when I spend the night up here. I hear footsteps in that little apartment where he stayed a lot and played his steel guitar."

"How do you think mom handled staying up here with him so much before he died?"

"I have no idea, but I think we should head to our houses where it is safe from ghosts."

"Teresa, you have seven cats in your house how could you be scared?"

"That's why I'm not scared. I have my cats to protect me."

The end



There's No Such Things as Ghosts writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story where a skeptic in the supernatural becomes a believer through a terrifying encounter with a ghost.


Thank you for the great picture of the window. It made this feel scarier to me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.