Biographical Poetry posted September 20, 2015 Chapters:  ...312 313 -314- 315... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Trois-par-Huit Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Football Game

by Treischel


Helmets on.
Numbered jerseys upon
Excited kids, who dream of glory.

On fields of grass, marked by chalked-off territory,
They battle hard to tell the victory story;
Exerting effort, absorbing pain ~

An Autumn age domain ~
Football game.






This is a Poem about American Football. The picture is from my grandson Jeremy's game. He is number 87 in the photograph and is playing defensive linebacker. They lost the game 18 - 12. His team is all 6th Graders (11 year olds). He has been playing since he was 9.

This poem is a Trois-par-Huit.
The Trois-par-Huit ( French forThree-by-Eight) was created by Lorraine M. Kanter. It is a poem containing three stanzas of eight lines, with a distribution of 3, 3 and 2 lines OR 3, 2 and 3 lines across the 8 lines total. One aspect of this format is that, the first 7 lines of the poem provide an image in words that the last line (the same as the title) names. The format is derived from a rich poetic pedigree of French poetry. A Huitain is a French verse-form coming from the 15th and early 16th Centuries, with an eight-line stanza with 8 or 10 syllables in each line, often iambic. It was written with three rhymes. The Un huitain enlace, or an enclosed huitain had a rhyme scheme of aabaabcc, which this non-iambic form borrows. Rather, this format carries a structured format in a pyramided syllable count.

It has a syllable count of: 3, 6, 9, 12, 12, 9, 6, 3.

The rhyming pattern is:
aab bbc cc,
where the last line is the title of the poem and summarizes the meaning of the poem.
*Note: These poems are to appear center aligned.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on Saturday, September 19, 2015.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.