Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted September 16, 2015 Chapters:  ...295 296 -297- 298... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Puente Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

The Back Door

by Treischel



The back door of a home
has personality.
It lets you out to play
with just your family,
where pets have room to roam

~ that opens up the way ~

to garden of delight,
a private place of pride,
where many days you may
go barbeque outside
with those you might invite.





Recognized


The backdoor is a portal to the back yard, which can either be a private area for the family, or a place to share with neighbors and/or friends. This particular back door is my brother Richard's.

This poem is a Puenta.
The Puente is a poem created by James Rasmusson. It consists of two larger stanzas seperated by a single line stanza. The name means "bridge", the Spanish word for bridge is "Puente". The puente in this format is the single line between the two stanzas. You start with one aspect of a topic or issue and then, line by line, work toward another aspect. In the center is a line that bridges the two aspects together. The first and third stanzas have an equal number of lines. The first and third stanzas convey a related but different element or feeling. The number of lines in the first and third stanza is the writer's choice, as is the choice of whether to write it in free verse or rhyme.
The center line is delineated by a tilde (~) and has "double duty". It functions as the ending for the last line of the first stanza AND as the beginning for the first line of the third stanza. It shares ownership with these two lines and consequently bridges the first and third stanzas.

This picture was taken by the author himself on July 10, 2015.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.