Horror and Thriller Fiction posted June 20, 2015 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Come to my island

A chapter in the book Dr. Howler's Nightmares

Dinner Guest

by Brett Matthew West


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.


Background
A collection of children's bedtime stories Doctor Howler, their creator, claims are suitable for children of all ages. However, you may disagree with the good Doctor about his assessment.
Once upon a very long time ago, on Windsor Island, a forgotten land that no longer exists, lived a very lonely T-Rex named George who wanted nothing more than to be left alone in peace.

Now, George was a young dinosaur. He was also a meat eater. And, yes, there was plenty of lush green vegetation all over his island but the poor beast could not dine on any of it.

One day George devised himself a plan that should be the envy of most any self-respecting meat eater. He began advertising the scenic beauty of Windsor Island in all the local newspapers on other nearby islands.

George also advertised on all the radio and television stations he could find. He even phoned some of his dinosaur friends in far distant lands and had them run ads wherever they were.

Then the strangest thing began to happen. One by one tourists began appearing on Windsor Island. This was just what the meat eater had hoped they would do.

Now he was no longer alone, nor was he ever hungry again. See, George's advertising campaign had only been a ruse to attract meals to his dinner table. When these tourists realized they were the menu it was too late.

George was also a very mean dinosaur. He delighted in torturing his guests long before devouring them. His most favorite game of all was securely chaining them to a tree. Once he had them fastened so they could not move he began toying with them.

First he let out a loud roar that curdled their blood. And, as if that didn't scare them bad enough, he lifted their scalp, and waved their hairpiece in front of their terrified eyes, taunting them. Bumping, grinding, and sinisterly laughing in a voice loud as thunder. A reaction that always brought a delighted glee to George's face.

George realized if he divided his guest's body into smaller pieces he could refrigerate them, and spread the meat out further. So methodically he lopped their ears off one at a time even with the sideburns. These were tasty little treats George dined on when he wanted a snack.

A quick swipe at the bridge of their nose and the body part fell harmlessly to the ground. George ate these but they weren't his favorite food.

Slowly and carefully George would flay the skin off their bodies, trying to keep them alive as long as he could just for the sport of it. This was a part of his torture routine he especially delighted in. He also enjoyed hearing his guest's anguished cries as he dissected them one piece at a time.

His pattern usually ran the fingers first, then the hands, followed by the arms at the elbows, and then at the shoulders. These he found made good stew meats, or if he wanted something grilled they worked really nicely for that too. The arms also gave him bones to gnaw on later.

Once these parts were removed George continued his dissections working up the body from the toes. Most of these he found to be too smelly and tossed them into the sea surrounding Windsor Island. They were the only part of his guest's body George never developed a taste for.

The toes removed George would cut off their feet at the ankles. Lots of meat was always found there. This was followed by the shins being chopped off at the knees and the thighs cut off at the hips. George usually made steaks out of these body parts.

After a hard day's work of dissecting one of his guest was almost over George still had the torso left. This he stored in a special freezer for midnight snacks. Hey, a hard working T-Rex does so enjoy late night dining too you know, and George was no different.

George's ad that he never changed simply read:

Windsor Island -- Serenity awaits in the greenest corner of Heaven on Earth. Stay as long as you want. No worries, no cares, just paradise.

Nevermore was George a lonely or hungry dinosaur.








Recognized


This nightmare was inspired by the British tabloids you just gotta love.















Thanks Mr. Jones for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my little story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.