General Poetry posted May 30, 2015 Chapters:  ...15 31 -40- 93... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Mango and Bert say a prayer

A chapter in the book Get Well, Brooke!

Get Well, Dear Brooke

by jmdg1954

"Hey, Mango, why the long snout?" Bert asked walking up the porch steps.

Mango was a five-year-old, low-spirited beagle at the moment.

"Too much marshmallow fluff with canned corned beef hash for breakfast?" said Bert.

Bert is an eleven-year-old St. Bernard and best friends with Mango.

"No, it's not that. Though I could go for a bowl of it. I found out one of my FanStory friends isn't feeling well. Even worse, Bert, she's in the hospital." Mango hung her head in shame. "I had no clue. It's like I was an ostrich with my head buried in the sand."

"Mango, don't beat yourself up over this. You've never neglected a friend of yours when they needed you. Keep her in your prayers." Bert saw the concerned look on her face as she continued.

"Her name is Brooke. She's a poetic genius, Bert. I've read you some of her work. And she has the cutest little grandson. I could just pinch his cheeks. But I can't. I have paws."

"She sounds like a peach," said Bert. "A real sweetheart."

"She was a teacher in real life. But I guess FanStory has better benefits so she left that for here." Mango looked up into the blue skies. "I hope she gets better, Bert. I miss her. And she has a lot more to teach me. Not only about writing, but about life, caring and giving."

"You know what, Mango my friend? With friends like you and the huge amount of love in your little heart, I'm sure that will go a long way in giving her strength."

"Bert, you know I don't write poetry. It comes out sounding corny. But I wrote a poem about one of her favorite things. Want to hear it?"

"You betcha I do," said Bert sitting down.

"Other then Sawyer, she loves dandelions. Here goes..."


"There was a fluffy dandelion
With pretty, puffy white hair,
It sat among a million others
Without much room to spare.

One day the rain clouds showed
And the wind just started to blow,
Suddenly the dandelions puffy white hair
Made the ground look like snow."

"Mango, that's wonderful," said Bert. "I believe your friend Brooke will love it."

"Thanks, Bert. Before I log into FanStory to post this, can we put our paws together and say a prayer?"

"Sure."

Mango puts her little paw into Bert's huge one. They bow their heads and Mango begins.


"Dear God, my friend, Brooke, is sick. She'll be proud, Lord, because I used a comma for direct address. Comfort her and ease her suffering. Bless her with Your loving care and be with her in her recovery from illness. Amen."

"Mango, that was beautiful."




Recognized


I do not write poetry. But I don't think Brooke will mind hearing from Mango and Bert.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jmdg1954 All rights reserved.
jmdg1954 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.