General Fiction posted May 4, 2015 Chapters:  ...41 42 -43- 44... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short short story in dialog

A chapter in the book Short

Playocide

by Bill Schott


So Billy...Why do you suppose your mom thinks your father is trying to hurt you?

She just doesn't want my dad and me to have any fun together.

What do you mean, Billy?

Well, one time we were playing cops and robbers and Dad said I could be the invisible man. That way I'd be hard to catch.

Go on.

So he puts a cellophane bag over my head and says that I can see out, but no one can see in. Like I was invisible. I couldn't keep it on long without taking it off, so dad held it on for me.

What!?

Yeah. Then my mom comes in yelling and takes the bag off. I think it was her, I don't remember that part very well.

Oh my god!

I know. Killjoy!

What else?

On Halloween Dad dressed me up like a speed bump and I was lying out in front of our house in the street. We were going to make cars slow down and egg them. But my mom ran out and told me I couldn't be a speed bump and she had a couple of cops take my dad away. The woman can't stand to see us have any fun together.

Well, Billy. Your dad has been away for a few months. What do you think you'll do when you see him again?

I want to go ice fishing. He says yes, but he wants to wait until it warms up.



 




This is a sort of round-up of little quips I've heard before that I grouped into a storyline.
Thanks to AidanWilson for the photo

The speakers should be obvious so I eliminated the tags and quotation marks.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.