Spiritual Poetry posted April 6, 2015 Chapters:  ...46 47 -48- 49... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Take notTHANK YOU as just a simple th

A chapter in the book From out of the Grayness

No Cheap Thanks

by His Grayness



It is so good that we so often drop this simple word or words when something nice happens or someone does something kind for us. But in thinking about how important these very simple words are, it seems that we may not often reach deeply and truly into our hearts and souls just for a moment and cherish the powerful shot of energy and refreshment that these thoughts can offer to us. Also we might miss the chance to fully exchange that sincere and honest gift of acknowledgement to another who has given us even a simple moment of their life for just a tiny gift of help.
I thought about this subject in the shower this morning and realized that for so many years I have championed the idea that the most bulletproof state of mind a human may have is purely GRATITUDE and that I would focus my poetry and my music and energies on bringing people to higher levels of happiness by embracing 'GRATITUDE' and living in the awareness to this simple mindset. Then it struck me that even yesterday my thanks to a close friend for an important and valuable favor given to me was just rewarded with a simple handshake and nod of the head. I'm ashamed to have failed the courage of a simple hug or embrace to express the true and honest appreciation I feel today as I reflect on what he did for me and how it helped in so many ways.
So today, I pledged to use this experience as a hopefully meaningful little example that might bring others to stop and think about how absolutely GREAT you feel when you truly close your eyes at least just for a moment and give honest thanks for what good has just happened in your life!
My Blessings and goodwill to all of my friends out there in FANSTORY and sincere THANKS to all of you for reading my work and sharing yours with me.
Kindest regards, HIS GRAYNESS




Just some sincere thoughts in free verse
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Lilibug6 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. His Grayness All rights reserved.
His Grayness has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.