Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 2, 2015 Chapters:  ...10001 10001 -10001- 10001... 


This is my remembered stories of mom's

A chapter in the book Beautiful Death

Mom as a teenager

by cbat



Background
This is just a small part of mom's life.
I realize that I did not listen enough to her stories.
Just another short story from my life.
As I remember I will expand this.
She was born to a staunch man, the daughter of his first wife.
She had five sisters and two brothers.
They lived in St George Utah.

At least two of her sisters were raped as young girls.

Her father married his second wife and soon after disowned her mother.
She was called a wicked woman, I do not have the details but assume she left her husband and eventually married again she died of an enlarged heart when I was very young.
Sadly the leaders of our polygamist group branded my mother as "A very wicked woman".
My mother told of a father that seemed to always be angry.
She said she was working at the "Ranch"(I believe it was a so called "United Order" ranch where everyone believing in the group volintered their children and themselves to work, farming and any other job needing done.
She talked about eating a dozen eggs each for breakfast.
One night some of them were left to watch the livestock overnight, they had a shed or small cabin to sleep in. They stayed awake till light because an large cat, perhaps a Couger circled the cabin all night trying to break in.
One morning she said her father sent her from the big ranch house out to collect the men working on the fence.
She jumped on a horse and rode the wind to call the men in, then turned back to the ranch riding hard, when she got to the ranch she realized her father was very angry telling her to get off the horse, She realized her shirt had ripped its buttons and everyone saw her bra.
She met my father working on this farm, they fell in love and married.
At the time dad also had a couple other young women lined up to marry him.
Mom indicated she also had a couple other boyfriends also.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. cbat All rights reserved.
cbat has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.