Biographical Non-Fiction posted March 18, 2015 Chapters:  ...10000 10000 -10000- 10000... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a child told not to swim

A chapter in the book Beautiful Death

Swimming necked

by cbat



Background
Another chapter of life started in the 50's to recent days.
The girls were hiking when they found a small stream with pool. It is hot and a swim seems just the thing. As the girls get into swim suits one is without a suit.
She the smaller raggedly one with banged knees is told by her big sister "you cannot go into the water mom said you will get sick" and
if you wear wet clothes home she will know".
She looks all around no one else is there, going to edge of water she quickly sheds all clothes including underwear. She slides into the water with big sister shaking her head.
The swim was heavenly, although short it feels so wicked. Getting out managing to get into clothes before being caught by others she is smug.
Going home , sis won't tell.
For a long time after each time she refuses to do something big sis wants her to do, out comes the necked swimming card.
"If you don't I will tell mom you swam necked!.
It is a long time before she decides it would be better to call the bluff.




In these times sometimes a Gypsy palm reader would chance by.
Mom probably bored, took one in to read our palms.
My reading said I would get sick if I was exposed to cold water and swimming in ponds.
My summer was challenging.
I hated that woman.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. cbat All rights reserved.
cbat has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.