Humor Non-Fiction posted March 16, 2015 Chapters:  ...10000 10000 -10000- 10000... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
my little very angry red headed sis

A chapter in the book Beautiful Death

Windmill

by cbat



Background
This book is put together in small stories.
They are true but memory is not always clear to exact times etc.
I will correct them gradually.
Some fun, some not.
In the end survival is the point.
Wham!!Bang!!
The door on the old dilapidated house flys open!
Out comes a skinny knock kneed little girl, red hair messy, clothes torn.
Right behind her piles kids, of all sizes shapes and hair colors.
She is far ahead her legs pumping.

One of the biggest kids holler! Get her! She is going for the windmill.

They are after her-Jumping over the dirty yard with dry patchy grass and sticks or Junk piled everywhere.

The little ones are dragging behind, struggling to keep up, They do not want to miss anything.

Red reaches The wash house, the tank is right by it, there is not much water in it.
The rickety ladder to the top of the broken wind mill is between tank and wash house.

Up the ladder she goes.

"You get down from there!" Yells her favorite older brother.

"No I am going to Jump and kill myself" the little red yells!.

Everyone is excited, the older ones, sister and brothers are a little scared.

She is completely able to do what she says.

One brother says "I will go to the door in the top of the wash house I might be able to grab her from there". One little sister fellow's him.

Favorite brother and older sister are trying to talk her down.
Please come down! We are sorry, didn't mean it! What had set her off?
It could have been anything.

She is highly motivated often fighting always beating up others.
It has not helped that big brother set up fights with neighbor boys just to watch her make them cry.

All the kids are tough, bruised usually from a new game they made up..

She is at the top, no one can follow because she goes to jump if they climb the stairs.

The rickety door creaks open on the wash house attic.

Brother stick's his head out yelling "I can't reach her!.

From below the little ones have caught up.

All of a sudden one little girl yells "I saw the Devil in the attic".
Another backs this up, "I saw him too!.

Every one is distracted from the windmill jump. Even our redhead.

Shuddering the big brother and sister come out of wash house.
(Never will any go up there again).

The older kids thank full for the distraction; herd kids toward the house.
Their mom will be home soon, she will really be angry if their choirs are not done.

They are all tired and hungry, the excitement forgotten.
Red comes down, joining in on the "Devil" spotting.

One little tow head tells a slightly bigger bro "well she didn't jump this time".

"If she wanted to I would have let her". Is the reply.

These are the Batman kids, there are 15 all told. A couple older kids are not home. But there is never a shortage of fighting companions.

Parents often gone, father partly disabled.

Living below poverty level they have learned to defend their territory. They spar with each other. If challenged by outside force's they are an unbeatable force.




So many years ago. Many memories change with time. This is my offer.
This was a regular thing, in our sometimes fun, always crazy life.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. cbat All rights reserved.
cbat has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.