Humor Non-Fiction posted March 16, 2015 Chapters: -10000- 10000... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My mom was in the hospital, going home we met the scarecrow

A chapter in the book Beautiful Death

Scarecrow and the Town

by cbat



Background
Each chapter stands alone. I have forgotten the time line and exact dates of each.
Time seem's to merge and twist memories.
Driving down to the city. Mom is in the Hospital.
Two younger sisters and one of their husbands are with us.
My brothers come into moms hospital room talking about the crazy thing they saw coming down.

Silent laughter as we catch each others glance.

A week earlier as a sister and I were driving to town with mom, she said "Look at that scarecrow! Somebody should take him and sit him on the toilet up at the ranch mailbox".

When she was hospitalized we passed the scarecrow, and off we went.

Sister's husband leading the way, the scarecrow was further out than we thought and firmly anchored, also much bigger than I expected.
Without Claude's help we would not have made it.

Finally we drag it to the truck, taking it to the house for a make over.

First the legs are bent, then a wig, a silly hat.
Then a pretty face long lashes and pouty lips painted on.
Next large pointy cones applied for bobbies that would "Stand out".
Then she is dressed in bright clothing.

Once she is positioned on the ranch "junk mail toilet" and wired in position her skirts are fluffed up and a dirty magazine is put on her lap.

This is what my brothers are laughing about, it was hard not to tell them we knew the perpetrators.

By Sunday noon one of the good religious men in the church has destroyed our handiwork, no one ever knew what happened to the dirty magazine? Can you guess?.




Living in a small town controlled by religious fanatics, we; even as adults found ways to rebel.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. cbat All rights reserved.
cbat has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.