Spiritual Poetry posted February 5, 2015 Chapters:  ...100 101 -102- 103... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Faux Limerick

A chapter in the book Family

The Last Moment

by Treischel



Her dying moment was full of grace,
As the sweetest smile lit up her face.
Then her soul took flight,
Through eyes shining bright.
Along with angels, she took her place.





Friday, February 6, 2015,m is the day of the memorial service for the mother of my wife, Karen. So, I'm still thinking thoughts of her. Karen's sister, Sherry was there at the moment she died and described how her mother opened her eyes wide and smiled. It was as if a light was shining from her eyes. Then she quietly passed away. That description moved me here.

This poem is a Faux Limerick.
The well-known form can be found in England during the early years of the 18th century. The typical structure of a Limerick is two long lines of either 8 or 9syllables (9 is the most common), followed by two shorter lines of either 5 or 6 syllables. Then a closing longer line the same count as the first two lines.
The rhyme scheme of Limericks is usually aabba. There is a lyrical tempo also to each line.
What makes this a Faux Limerick is, that I didn't follow the meter requirement, or humor aspect. So it's similar, but not exact.

This photograph is a family portrait that I slightly modified.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.