Biographical Poetry posted November 21, 2014 Chapters:  ...194 195 -196- 197... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Nonet Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Sublime Golden Balls

by Treischel




Four golden balls that calibrate time
In an heirloom clock with a chime
On our wood window table
Delights when we're able
To hear its soft sound
As the hour falls.
Spin around
Sublime
Balls!






These balls are on a clock that once was my mother's that now my wife and I own. It chimes with beautiful soft music every hour, reminding us of her every time.

This poem is a Nonet.

A nonet is a nine line poem. The first line containing nine syllables, the next line has eight syllables, the next line has seven syllables. That continues until the last line (the ninth line) which has one syllable. Nonets can be written about any subject. Rhyming is optional. There is no limitation to the number of words per line. Only syllables per line. This provides a great deal of flexibility.

Ideally, when centered, the work will form a nice triangle.

This photograph was taken of by the author in November, 2014.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.