Essay Non-Fiction posted November 16, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Short Essay

I Believe I Can Really Write

by michaelcahill












 
I believe that Forrest Gump was a little mentally slow and not the great genius everyone believes him to be. I think he got rich in the shrimpin' business thru pure luck. He shouldn't have been out in that storm. Somehow, he got lucky and Lieutenant Dan and him survived the storm. Then they get home and all the other shrimpin' boats are all destroyed by the storm and stuff. Now, does that make Forrest some kind of genius? No, I don't think so. Like I say, nothing but crazy good luck. Don't tell him this, but I think Jenny felt sorry for him, plus she didn't have any place to go. I don't believe for a minute she thought he was all-handsome and stuff.
 
You know that Wizard of Oz thing was fake right? Oh yeah, fake as can be. That dog proved it in the movie, but I guess no one was watching. While they were listening to the egghead wizard dude the dog found some sound guy behind a curtain talkin' into a microphone. He was sayin' the same stuff the wizard was sayin'. Doesn't that seem suspicious? Then they let him talk his way out of it. Well, he was pretty smart I guess.
 
See what I did there? What I really, really want to talk about is how people are jealous of my writing and stuff and how they try to make critical comments about how it needs to be written better like they know all about writing and how it should be written you know and I don't know nuthin'. So I talked about something interesting and got you really interested so that by the time you got to the real purpose of my writing you would already be very interested in the really interesting topic of which I am writing about now. Does it really matter that much if I put a bunch of commas and other punctuation marks all over my sentences and make them conform to what someone else that I don't even know tells me that they think they should look like? Exactly!!!!!! But then on the other hand I guess these writers that think they are better writers than everybody else want to tell me how to write when I obviously already know how to write which you can see by reading what you are already reading which I wrote. Jealousy right?
 
Well, I don't want to be in labor about this point. I just wanted to talk at the people here that are here to write and enjoy the writing of the people that are here to write and not try and hurt the writers that are here to write by trying to tell the writers that there is something wrong with their writing that is really good writing. You know who you are! You aren't getting through to us one little bit! You can put us down and make fun of us all you want but we know that you're just a bunch of jealous Johnny's and Jill's that only wish you could write with the skills and smartness that we can. So you go ahead and think that the Wizard of Oz can solve all your problems and that Forrest Gump is some kind of genius all day long and night too cause we are already one step ahead of you. Do you really really want to know the truth? I feel very very sorry for you that you have to try and pick on me. You must be very lonely and really really sad to have to pick on someone just on account of you being all jealous and stuff. Read this and you will see that you haven't gotten through to me in any way whatsoever. My writing hasn't changed one slight little bit in spite of all your attempts to beat your crazy ideas into my head. I am blind to your ideas that have all fallen on really deaf ears. Nice try but I'm not buying your brand of bubble gum Choo Choo Charlie. I love my good and very plenty!
 
I believe that I have really improved as a writer. I think I write very well now. I know that I will keep trying very hard until I really get it the way that I want it. I really thank you for your time. I very much really appreciate it.
 
THE END
 

 



I Believe writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay that begins with the sentence: I believe _______ (finish the sentence). Maximum word count: 1,000.

Recognized


A treatise in response to critique. (a really very good one)

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.