Biographical Non-Fiction posted November 4, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Basic outline of years, more stories coming

Marriage Years Through Girls Teens

by patcelaw

















In the years ahead we were to experience both thorn and rose garden times. God was moving in mysterious ways.  Ways we didn’t always understand.    
                        
After Wayne and I married we moved into our home in Burbank, California where Wayne worked as an aircraft mechanic.   Since
there was a 13 year difference in our ages, we wanted to have    
children as soon as we could. 
But unfortunately Wayne had a physical problem which would not allow us to be able to conceive without surgery to correct the problem.  

Time of thorns.

The surgery was done then I became pregnant but again we were to be disappointed, because I had a miscarriage which would be followed with two more miscarriages.  Then my doctor decided that I needed to be placed on thyroid as he felt I was miscarrying due to a sluggish thyroid.   In March of 1960 I  became pregnant again, and this time I was able to carry our child.  

That child was our oldest daughter Penny and was born on Christmas Day 1960.  

Over the years I had 2 more daughters, Pamela and Patricia Ann. 

I had wanted a son, but only  had daughters.  But God seemed to impress on my mind and my heart that He knew what it was like to give up and only son, that was why He had given me my oldest child on Christmas day the day we celebrate our Saviors’ birthday.

With these daughters God was  planting other roses in my garden of life.

I loved being a mother and was blessed with being able to be a stay at home mom.  Being a stay at home mom was important to both Wayne and me.  We even had to stand strong against those in the family who were trying to push me out into the work world.  

With not much education, I would not be able to get a job that would pay for the added cost of daycare and the added clothes, an extra car, more convenience foods and the added taxes we would pay. My paycheck would have been maybe $50 a month and I was unwilling to take away a mother to my children just to please others.

I went with my children to school activities, made sure they had a
clean home, and homemade meals which we would eat together as a family.

During the summer school breaks, I would spend many hours making clothing for my girls for the next school year.  I would make the clothes, but would not hem them, so as to allow for any growth
before school started again.

When our girls were 6, 7 and 9 years old, Wayne and I became foster parents.  We chose to take in troubled teenage girls.  Over the years we had 9 foster girls for as short a time as 3 days and as long as 3 years.  I don’t know how much of what the girls learned from our family still influences their lives.   I do know I loved those girls as if they were my own.  I still have contact with two of the girls and one of the girls is a fine mother, the other chose a path for her life with which I do not agree.  

When our oldest daughter was 12 years old I had to tell her about the son I had given up for adoption.  I had to tell her to keep her from hearing from a member of my family who might have told the wrong story of what happened.  When I told her she put her beautiful arms around my neck and said, “Mommy, I love you so
very much.”  

About a year later there was a movie on the television about adoption which I had the two younger girls watch with me one evening.  The next day after school I sat them down and explained that their mother had given up a child for adoption.  Their reaction was very much as the reaction of their older sister.

When our girls were in high school Wayne and I were booster
parents and went with the girls to many band activities.  I enjoyed
the time with the students.  After my girls were grown I was in
the downtown area of our city, I met a young man who was in the
band and he told me he had become a Christian and it was because
of the testimony of how our family were leading our lives.





                        

 




This is just an outline of out marriage years before our girls were grown. I will share stories that will deal with my children as they were growing up.
Photo is of my daughter all grown up. The picture was taken in 2012.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.