Humor Poetry posted October 3, 2014 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 10... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Poem about hearing and lack of.

A chapter in the book Geoff's Book Of Poultry

Ay wot ya say?

by Sankey

I 'm having a better hearing day today,

My wife's not getting so much

"Ay! Wot ya say?"

There once was a time

It was the other way

It was she, not me

Yelling "Ay? Wot yer say!"



Recognized


Some time back I had a severe Middle ear infection. It was allowed to continue unattended. Sadly, this has caused me more permanent hearing loss than I had for more than 60 years. So these days I have good and bad hearing days. I hate it because I have always loved music and now can't hear it or play it same as I used to for years. Officially, I am Profoundly Deaf on my Left Side now, and Severely Deaf on my Right Side. The "super-you-beaut" hearing aids I now wear, are helping a whole lot. I hear, hehe our pastor has been working hard to get some echo-buffeting foam rubber pieces for the walls of our church fellowship centre, to get rid of so much echoing and make it more pleasurable for Louise and me, and others with hearing difficulty. We had carpet on the floor for years but it was a real job keeping it clean especially with the kids dropping food on it all the time. Hence the new vinyl flooring - sadly creating more echoes.
The picture is of some information on dealing with hindrances to hard of hearing discernment of your speech especially if they are lip readers as are both my wife and myself.
Due to some confusion on language and so on, please keep in mind, I am Australian, although some of the 'bending' of expression in this poem is decidedly of the 'cockney' kind of English, from the "Old Country" Britain.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.