Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted August 3, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Does this sound crazy to you?

Interview with a Blue Man

by lancellot


“Hello, Mr. Blue, I’m Yellow from across the sea. Do you mind if I ask you some social questions?”

“Not at all, I’ve got a few minutes.”

“Do Blue people always vote for the Waukegan Party?”

“All the true Blues do, those who don’t aren’t really Blue.”

“And most major cities where Blues live have Waukegan mayors, councils, and school boards?”

“Always has been, probably always will.”

“And the Blues in those cities have the highest crime rates, the worst schools, most poverty, highest STD rate, most broken families, most murders, highest taxes and unemployment.”

“What’s your point?”

“My point? Why do you think things are that bad?”

“The Reds!”

“What? How so?”

“The Reds have the money and the power. They live in gated communities, and their kids go to good schools, where they graduate at higher rates. They also get good, higher paying jobs. They don’t have to hide from gun-crazy gangs shooting up their neighborhoods.”

“Um…what’s your point?”

“My point; isn’t it obvious?”

“Um…no.”

“We could have that too, if they would just share more of their money, give us jobs, build us good homes, give our kids more programs, and community centers, so they would have something to do. They could also give us more money for our schools, and more police. Letting our Blue men out of prison sooner would be nice too.”

“Why don’t the Reds, just give you free internet and cell phones too?”

“Yeah, I forgot about those.”

“But if the Reds are building and paying for all those things for the Blues, how will they take care of their own neighborhoods and families? I mean, if the Reds are paying for the Blues, who will pay for the Reds?”

“Oh, they can afford to do both.”

“Why?”

“Because they’re Red.”

“Well, that is interesting. Tell me, aren’t Blues and Reds equal?”

“Hell no; the Reds have it better than we do.”

“But if they give you all the things you asked for, won’t you be equal then?”

“No.”

“Okay, then when will you have equality?”

“Never.”

“If you believe that, then what’s the point?”

“It’s about the struggle. It never ends.”

“Why not?”

“It just doesn’t that’s why.”

“That makes no sense.”

“You’re just anti-Blue.”

“I’m going home.”




Recognized


Is it fiction? Is it really?
This wasn't meant to offend anyone, that's why no real people or names were used. Statistics used in the argument are real and easily found if there is any doubt. This wasn't meant to poke fun or accuse, just to make us think.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lancellot All rights reserved.
lancellot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.