Writing Poetry posted June 26, 2014


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Bright Future Gone In A Blink of An Eye

Angry Shots (Ended It All)

by haylleyjohnson

I need my back scratcher to ease the tense muscles in my shoulders.
I take two Aleve to rest my aching head
The aching buzz of the ancient pencil sharpener
Is grating on my nerves.
The earphones hooked to my phone are only increasing the pain.
The bracelet on my wrist seems to be constricting cutting off my circulation.
I pull my sketch paper forward for my pencils light scratch as it animates my mind.
My measuring tape ticks to the max length for the cubic outline of the metropolis in my dreams.
I rest a trophy upon a pillar high in the clouds,
A goal I still stumble through life to reach and embrace.
There's a screw rising from a corner crevice of my desk coming loose.
It threatens the stability of the desk remaining upright.
Thumb tacks are falling to the floor as the desk tilts to the ground, falling
onto a stack of gift cards strewn across the floor.
The corner of the desk slams into the floor, a whirlwind of dust arises as it collapses to the ground.
Like the desk, my hopes and dreams have collapsed around me.
The angry shots from the doorway ended it all in the blink of an eye.
Nothing but a pool of blood on the floor remains of the life I had that is now slipping slowly away.





5-7-5 Poetry Contest contest entry


This poem came to me as a spur of the moment rush of ideas. It took a lot of concentration to keep everything buzzing in my head in an orderly manner of which to use as beautifully as I could muster. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it. Thank You.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. haylleyjohnson All rights reserved.
haylleyjohnson has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.