General Fiction posted November 12, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Allows 100-150 words

Parenting Teens

by Spiritual Echo


"Dad, would you drive me to the mall?"

Dean was already in a bad mood. It was only seven o'clock in the morning when the blare of rock-and-roll began to reverberate through the walls. He'd managed--barely--after Susan died, becoming both Mom and Dad to the twins. No one warned him about teenagers.

Saturdays were sacred; the only day he had off from two, gruelling jobs. He liked to sleep in, but someone always wanted something. Ricky had just passed his driver's test and constantly bugged Dean to borrow the car. Jenny looked more like her mother every day, reminding him how deeply he missed his wife.

In between the incessant phone calls and texts, Jenny was cooking breakfast--his favourite.

"Please, Daddy," Jenny whispered, her light, blue eyes begging.

"Sure," Dean said, dropping keys and money on the counter. "Get your brother to drive you."



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock


146 words in Word Document
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.