General Poetry posted October 23, 2013 Chapters:  ...96 97 -98- 99... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Lune Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Showing Colors

by Treischel

Blowing in the wind
colors show
in grains and Glory





This picture inspired this poem

Flying the flag is also known as "Showing the colors".
The nickname for the flag of the USA is "Old Glory".

This poem is a Lune.
The Lune is also known as the American Haiku. It was first created by the poet Robert Kelly and was a result of Kelly's frustration with English haiku. After much experimentation, he settled on a 13-syllable, self-contained poem that has 5 syllables in the first line, 3 syllables in the second line and 5 syllable in the final line.

Unlike haiku, there are no other rules. No need for a cutting word. Rhymes are fine; subject matter is open. While there are less syllables to use, this form has a little more freedom.

The photograph was taken by the author on the Valley Creek Bridge going over I494 in Woodbury, MN.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.