Biographical Poetry posted October 16, 2013 Chapters:  ...103 104 -105- 106... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A 12 Line Exhortation

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Hold Crutch!

by Treischel



Hold Crutch!
Please supply my true love's support
To gain all healing's best resort.
So, soon she may again cavort
On healthy legs,
This husband begs.
While cradled under straining arms,
Help her recover from her harms.
Let her regain her healthy charms.
Where strength may lack,
Support her back.
Hold Crutch!






My wife is on crutches for 3 weeks after her back surgery.

This Poem is a 12 Line Exhortation.
A 12 Line Exhortation is a format this author created. I researched poetry types with 12 Lines to see what they are called. I found a group of poems called 12 Lines. But they are basically unstructured. I wanted some specific structure. I wanted a poem with 3 consecutive lines of rhyme, that played off 8/4/2 syllable counts and was positive in spirit. So I created this format and called it 12 Line Exhortation. Here are the rules.

A 12 Line Exhortation is a poem with 12 lines, starting and ending with a 2 syllable line that caries an exhortation, like; Get up!, Move on! Go jump! The whole syllable structure is; 2/8/8/8/4/4/8/8/8/4/4/2. There is also a fixed rhyme scheme of: AbbbaacccddA, where the capital letters are repeated lines.

This picture is courtesy of Bing ClipArt Images.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.