Spiritual Poetry posted September 30, 2013 Chapters:  ...31 32 -34- 35... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Lantern Suite

A chapter in the book Minnesota Poems

Colorful Rite

by Treischel

Colorful Rite
(A Lantern Poem)




Rite
honor
religious
plea in motion
Pray


Bob
shuffle
tapping feet
vivid display
Dance


Garb
faith show
the Virgin
saintly regard
Dress


Hat
feathers
bright colors
native headdress
Cap


Hue
color
appearance
gay exhibit
Tinge


Fringe
buckskin
tasseled skirt
swaying ribbons
Pomp





Mexican Indian dance in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Religious rite in colorful garb performed in front of the Cathedral of St. Paul, Minnesota.

Bob is meant as in bob and weave.
Gay is meant in the sense of colorful, bright.
This poem is a Lantern suite, which is a series of Lantern poems, inspired by a poem I reviewed by fellow Fanstorian, Sunnilicious, called Pumpkin. Thought I'd try one.
A Lantern poem is a Japanese short poem describing a syllable noun. The syllable count is: 1/2/3/4/1. It must be centered, then have one syllable chosen to serve as a topic. Have the noun in the 1st to 4th syllable described then have one that can be a reinterpretation or a synonym. The Lantern poem takes the form of a hanging lantern, going from short to wider as the poem goes on, and then becoming short again in the final line. The purpose of the Lantern poem is to illuminate the subject and re-imagine or personalize it for the reader, not just to simply define it.

This photograph was taken by the author himself in October 2012.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.