General Poetry posted July 23, 2013 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
HAILEZAINE(Haiku-Triplet-Quinzaine)

A chapter in the book Little Poems

hailezaine (trail tale)

by Treischel

Trail Tale
(A Hailezaine[Haiku-Triplet-Quinzaine] poem)




exiting dark shady vale
horses on the trail
swish their tail





I noted this format when I was reviewing, and found that there was a writing prompt for it. Too late to enter, I'm intrigued. So here is my attempt at one.

This poem in a Hailezaine formatted poem).
A HAILEZAINE must be written in three lines.
It has the syllable count of a Quinzaine (verse of 15 syllables divided in three lines) as 7/5/3, and rhyming scheme of aaa, like a Triplet and content of a Haiku. Lack of punctuation and capitalization is characteristic of a Haiku. Thus the name is an amalgamation of all three.

The picture is a photograph I took last weekend, 7/20 to be exact, while out and about. Two unknown female riders passed me on the trail.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.