Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted June 17, 2013 Chapters:  ...87 88 -89- 90... 


12 Line Exortation

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Upward

by Treischel

Upward
(12 Line Exortation)



Upward!
Like the egrit soars on the wind,
As tethered souls spirit's unpinned,
When the wheels of fortune are spinned,
Moving forward,
Always upward,
Take complete charge of coming day.
As the tears and fears fall away,
The fogs are all cleared from yesterday.
Don't need to stop!
Go to the top!
Upward!





For those recovering or who need a lift.

This poem is a 12 Line Exortation.
I researched poetry types with 12 Lines to see what they are called. I found a group of poems called 12 Lines. But they are basically unstructured. I wanted some specific structure. I wanted a poem with 3 consecutive lines of rhyme, that played off 8/4/2 syllable counts and and was positive in spirit. so I created this format and call it 12 Line Exhortation. I don't think this format previously exists, as far as I know. let me know if otherwise. Here are the rules.
A 12 Line Exhortation is a poem with 12 lines, starting and ending with a 2 syllabe line that caries an exhortation, like; Get up!, Move on! Go jump! The whole syllable structure is; 2/8/8/8/4/4/8/8/8/4/4/2.
There is also a fixed rhyme scheme of: AbbbaacccddA, where the capital leters are repeated lines.

The photograph is one of a Great White Egret in flight, taken by the author in July 2012 at Battle Creek park in Maplewood, Minnesota.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.